Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Bel Air stock

topher5150

1/12 scale 1957 Chevy Belair

I'm debating on weather or not re doing the rest of the chrome in Alclad. I have three different chromes (bare metal foil, kit chrome, and alclad)

Used bare metal foil for the interior window trim, and the seat trim

polished some aluminum tubing to make some snazzy exhaust tips

The kit didn't have any mounting nubs for the heater hose on the intake, and the water pump, and I didn't realize that until after I got it together, so I drilled some holes in the H2O pump and the intake, and ran some D guitar string in the hose to keep it's shape, and to mount it to the engine.

1/12 scale 1957 Chevy Belair2016-01-28_08-53-27

Edited by topher5150

Very cool! well done, and love the colors!  If it were me, I would do all Alclad, or Spaz Stix Ultimate mirror chrome, because none of the different types of chrome tend to match. Even if my kits have excellent chrome, I strip all of it and redo it with Spaz Stix chrome.

Very cool! well done, and love the colors!  If it were me, I would do all Alclad, or Spaz Stix Ultimate mirror chrome, because none of the different types of chrome tend to match. Even if my kits have excellent chrome, I strip all of it and redo it with Spaz Stix chrome.

I was thinking about doing all alclad, but I decided that it was to much masking work around the roof