Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Dodge Dart Sedan Pro Street

Car Crazy 81

I've started on this build two years ago. It started out as a Revell Revellion Funny Car the kits dragster frame was brittle and crumbled up so i came up with an idea to Pro Street it. I filled in the gaping hole in the decklid since it won't be no longer a dragster. The frame is from a AMT 70 Coronet Pro Street the frame fits just right except had to trim a little material from the rear. The main roll bar hoop is from a Lindberg 64 Dodge 330 and the side bars are scratchbuilt and the snout bars are from a AMT Nascar kit. I'm still undecided on the engine.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOVE the work done here! That engine the "MOPAR" decals set it off, what kit or where did you get those from? (I have sort of the same idea) to do that to one of my planned builds, but not sure where to get the decals for the valve covers!

NICE job on the Jo-Hans kit!!!!

LOVE the work done here! That engine the "MOPAR" decals set it off, what kit or where did you get those from? (I have sort of the same idea) to do that to one of my planned builds, but not sure where to get the decals for the valve covers!

NICE job on the Jo-Hans kit!!!!

John,

I had those Mopar decals in my parts box if i remember correctly those can be found in the Revell Dodge Nascar kit that was released around 2000-2010 thats the number 8. The 62 Dart im working isn't a Johan kit its actually a Revell Revellion kit from 1967. The Johan 62 Dart was either a 2 door or a convertible never made a 4 door.

Edited by Car Crazy 81