Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria.

Lovefordgalaxie

Hi Guys. 

Finished my first car of 2016. It's a AMT 1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria. The kit fought me quite a bit, as the body was full of sink marks, being the most noticeable ones on the fins, near the taillights, and around the doors. Once that was fixed, it went together more or less without issue. My chrome parts were a bit to the yellow side, but since I just hate using paint to simulate bright metal, I just left them as they were. 

The body was painted with automotive synthetic enamel to emulate Ford's Raven Black. 

The foil is all home made with aluminum foil, and most of the detailing was done with Testors acrylics. 

The kit has some deviations from 100% stock, but that is only noticed if you are really into Fords. Fixing those issues is not very hard, but to tell you guys the truth, I'm into building those things for fun, and if it starts to become a burden there is no fun anymore, so I built it box stock, without doing any correction or improvement, just painting the parts AMT provides and putting them together. yep, I'm lazy. 

Anyways, here are some pictures of the mighty '56 Ford, and I hope you guys like it!!

1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria. by Túlio Lazzaroni, on Flickr

Great looking Ford Tulio!

I'm with you on the build philosophy.

I figure what's in the box is close enough for me.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem switching out or scratch building parts on occasion, but I don't fret too much about a few inaccuracies here & there.

For me it sucks all of the fun right out of building if I worry too much about those things.

I really want to build another one of these someday, along with the "sister" '57.

Haven't built either one for many years & I'm pretty sure I could do a little better job now.

Terrific work!!

Steve