Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shelby Cobra CSX2260 FIA Roadster

afx

Wow, you really have a knack for details and finishes that give a realistic feel to your Cobras. Even your progress photos can easily be confused with the real thing sitting in some fab shop. I hope there's a lot more Cobra variations out there because it is fun and inspiring to watch your builds. 

Wow, you really have a knack for details and finishes that give a realistic feel to your Cobras. Even your progress photos can easily be confused with the real thing sitting in some fab shop. I hope there's a lot more Cobra variations out there because it is fun and inspiring to watch your builds. 

Thank Mike.  Here are few more of my Cobra builds.

DSCN4357

Final engine bay and interior.

I'm loving this one, JC!

I wasn't aware of the discrepancy over the blue colors - I had always assumed Shelby's "Viking Blue" was the same as Ford's, which is the color that my '63 Ranchero was when it came from the factory. It was (badly) repainted by the time I got it, but a few chips of the original Viking Blue present themselves from time to time.

Thanks Bill.

Five FIA Roadster where built. Each carried a different color nose stripe to help the team identify the cars.

2259 – white (heavily damaged in crash at Sebring ’64 and was scrapped)

2260 – yellow

2301 – maroon

2323 – orange

2345 – white (completed after 2259 was scrapped therefore white stripe reassigned)

Even though the Scale Coachwork decals are 1/24 scale I think they fit just fine.

DSCN4418