Model Cars Magazine Forum

39 Chevy Gasser

Tyler62990

This one started as the Monogram 39 Chevy Streetrod kit. The front suspension comes from the Revell 53 Panel, rear tires are AMT Bluestreaks; front wheels and electric fan are from the Revell 32 Ford Five Window; Taillights and moon tank are from the Revell Stacy David Rat Roaster; gauge cluster and tach borrowed from the AMT 40 Ford delivery. Decals from various kits and Slixx.

This was an enjoyable kit to build, very basic with no ill fitting parts. The only mods I did outside of kitbashing was widening the rear fenders for the slicks and some engine detailing. Finish is Testors Fiery Orange Lacquer over Duplicolor Primer. No clear was added as I kind of like the almost satin/flake finish. If no pictures show up I'll try to fix it later. This format is confusing to say the least haha. Thanks for looking!

URL]

• 3 weeks later...

Nice job, I like the color so much I painted my R/C street stock Camaro this color and pearl white. As nice as it looks it's even better with a high gloss finish. I want to try it as a mid coat with a House Of Kolor candy persimmon, should make a nice candy orange, might even hit it with a light dusting of gold micro jewel flake for a little sparkle in the candy color.