[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Finks Garage

Gauging interest in Dodge W-300 & W-500 cab kits

On 2/5/2016 at 5:31 PM, Chariots of Fire said:

I'm the guy who first did the 1966 W300 and 1968 W500 single cabs.  There is a template from which you can make the windshield out of simple clear sheet plastic.  When I did mine I used the plastic that used to come with new shirts around the collar!:rolleyes::rolleyes:  If you clean the edges of the interior of where the windshield goes it will just pop in with no glue.  All you have to do is warm the plastic and put a slight curve in each end so that it snaps in place.  Here are the two originals as models. 

W300.thumb.jpg.f89350515c083867a3caf866fW500_64_finished_4-07.thumb.jpg.200e67ac

Cool build Charles. Larry, can these Cabs be still purchase? I like to do similar to what Charle’s did above. Of course, i’ll need to figure out what kit to use it with. So, let me know sir! TIA

Mike

7 hours ago, youngtiger1 said:

Cool build Charles. Larry, can these Cabs be still purchase? I like to do similar to what Charle’s did above. Of course, i’ll need to figure out what kit to use it with. So, let me know sir! TIA

Mike

Mike,

Keep in mind that the build you see of Charles' fire truck was almost all scratchbuilt. There were some kit parts but the majority of it was hand built. Search the forum and you will see the in progress pictures. It is truly a work of art as are the rest of Charles' builds and he has created a couple of nice resin masters so the rest of us can build never before offered subjects.

Hey Mike,

Yes, I understand his work is quite a bit scratch build but I was thinking I might be able to do part scratchbuilding and part kitbashing. His work is truly marvelous and pleasure to see. So, I’m slowely going through this forum and finding his builds. It’s a slow process but well worth the time 🙂

On 1/6/2018 at 2:07 AM, youngtiger1 said:

Cool build Charles. Larry, can these Cabs be still purchase?

Mike, Wendell posts several a month of these trucks on eBay. They are well cast and will make a great kit!

I'll be buying. When I was younger, both the USAF and the Navy were partial to these things, and I'm trying to do most of the military vehicles I knew and loved back then...

Related image

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

23 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I'll be buying. When I was younger, both the USAF and the Navy were partial to these things, and I'm trying to do most of the military vehicles I knew and loved back then...

Related image

My grandpa bought a Canadian army 64D400 that was converted into a grain truck it has a 225 slant six and a 4spd. The truck bent pushrods like crazy and I turned out that someone put paint in the fuel tank after it was cleaned out it ran like a dream. It was the truck I learned to drive a standard on so I would like to biuld a replica of it one day.

I bought this D/W 300 cab with 8 foot Utilinebed from mustang_mom44820 on Ebay before Christmas:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Dodge-W300-Longbed-Truck/282814796762?hash=item41d91353da:g:5KcAAOSwiBJZ-b2m
It cost quite a bit of money but the casting is very good. Same seller has some other aswell, I want to get that D100 as soon as my paycheck clears next week.

What is Wendell's username on eBay? I bought some stuff from him several years ago, and have lost track of him since then. These trucks are certainly interesting!