Model Cars Magazine Forum

Car song builds ?

A build that I always have  wanted to do was Charlie Ryans "Hot Rod Lincoln" I think it is doable with whats available. I have researched the car somewhat and have gathered a few photos (if I can find them). At one time I talked with Charlies son and found out the the car was originally black so that is the way I will build it. I was planning on going up to Spokane to see and photograph the car where it was displayed in a Spokane Museum but it was sold a few years back and is somewhere else.

My  apologies if this has come up before (yes I did a search) but are there any builds out there of cars featured in songs such as "Lil Deuce Coupe", "455 Rocket" ,"409", "Rocket 88" or even maybe Jan and Deans "Shlock Rod". Maybe even a diorama of the Dead Mans Curve Race .  If there is lets see them. 

Edited by Jon Haigwood

Having just purchased a GTI I wanted to build a "Little GTI" ...

Little GTI, you're really lookin' screw
Fuel Injection and a six-speed and a 122
Listen to her tachin' up now, listen to her why-ee-eye-ine
C'mon and turn it on, wind it up, blow it out GTI

Wa-wa, (mixed with "Yeah, yeah, little GTI") wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(mixed with "Yeah, yeah, little GTI")
Wa-wa (mixed with "Ahhh, little GTI") wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa

You oughta see her on a road course or a quarter mile
This little modified V Dub has got plenty of style
She beats the drifters and the rice burners, really drives 'em why-ee-eye-ild
C'mon and turn it on, wind it up, blow it out GTI

Gonna save all my money (turnin' it on, blowin' it out) and buy a GTI  (turnin' it on,
blowin' it out)
Get a helmet and a roll bar (turnin' it on, blowin' it out) and I'll be ready to go
(turnin' it on, blowin' it out)
Take it out to Pomona (turnin' it on, blowin' it out) and let 'em know (turnin' it on,
blowin' it out), yeah, yeah
That I'm the coolest thing around
Little buddy, gonna shut you down
When I turn it on, wind it up, blow it out GTI

[Fade]

Edited by Foxer

A build that I always have  wanted to do was Charlie Ryans "Hot Rod Lincoln" I think it is doable with whats available. I have researched the car somewhat and have gathered a few photos (if I can find them). At one time I talked with Charlies son and found out the the car was originally black so that is the way I will build it. I was planning on going up to Spokane to see and photograph the car where it was displayed in a Spokane Museum but it was sold a few years back and is somewhere else.

My  apologies if this has come up before (yes I did a search) but are there any builds out there of cars featured in songs such as "Lil Deuce Coupe", "455 Rocket" ,"409", "Rocket 88" or even maybe Jan and Deans "Shlock Rod". Maybe even a diorama of the Dead Mans Curve Race .  If there is lets see them. 

The Hot Rod Lincoln was at the Detroit  Autorama within the last three years. Sorry no pictures but Tim Boyd may have some of it there. 

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pictures+of+hot+rod+lincoln+model+a+ford&view=detailv2&id=2370BE872A01635817DCBF58E99109D38D5DB583&selectedindex=53&ccid=l15FyQHa&simid=607997727369333710&thid=OIP.M975e45c901da9abafef066e2f9f6184fo0&mode=overlay&first=1

Edited by 1930fordpickup

I once built a "Little Deuce Coupe" for an IPMS club music theme.

Always wanted to do a diorama of "Shut Down."

On the bench somewhere is a 75% finished '57 Chev inspired by Foreigner's "Headknocker" and Warren Zevon's "Roll with the Punches."

Never done one so far but I have had the idea of doing the "Hey little Cobra" as a model. The text goes something like this: "I took my Cobra down to the track, hitched to the back of my Cadillac"

Yeah I thought about that one. Maybe a 60's vintage Cobra road course car on trailer behind a Caddy. And maybe a Corvette in race form to set next to it.

Yeah I thought about that one. Maybe a 60's vintage Cobra road course car on trailer behind a Caddy. And maybe a Corvette in race form to set next to it.

Yes, that would be perfect. I got a AMTs 289 Cobra and getting a Corvette is not difficult but the Caddy is a more difficult one. In my vision it must be something like a 55 or so, not much newer than that.

Other songs I can think about (and both with a Caddy) would be Hot Choclates "Heaven is in the back seat of my Cadillac". I do have the figures for it but I guess I can not post that here:lol:
The other would be Johnny Cash's "One piece at a time". That would be a very large kitbashproject.

Other songs I can think about (and both with a Caddy) would be Hot Choclates "Heaven is in the back seat of my Cadillac". I do have the figures for it but I guess I can not post that here:lol:

Or you could do Meat Loaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Light." B)

Yes, that would be perfect. I got a AMTs 289 Cobra and getting a Corvette is not difficult but the Caddy is a more difficult one. In my vision it must be something like a 55 or so, not much newer than that.

The other would be Johnny Cash's "One piece at a time". That would be a very large kitbashproject.

I would probably go with 59 big fin Caddy. Lots of those available. The XKE was also mentioned but those might be a bit harder to find.

I once built a "Little Deuce Coupe" for an IPMS club music theme.

Always wanted to do a diorama of "Shut Down."

On the bench somewhere is a 75% finished '57 Chev inspired by Foreigner's "Headknocker" and Warren Zevon's "Roll with the Punches."

I thought about doing a"Shut Down" finding a 62 Dart would be a bit on the spendy side. 

I thought about doing a"Shut Down" finding a 62 Dart would be a bit on the spendy side. 

I picked up a restorable built JoHan '62 some years ago, so I got that covered. Couldn't you go as late as '64? I thought '64 was the last year for the 413, but I could be wrong about that.

BTW, I've read several magazine articles where they run this race in real life, and the 413 always handily puts the Vette away. Always. Not even close. If I ever build this, I'm thinking of giving the Vette a set of full-race Hilborns to try to even things up. Hey, it would still be a "fuel-injected Sting Ray," right? B)