Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project X ,,,,

Revell's new tool Bel Air would be the closest to start with. It will have to be de-trimmed down to a 210, though, depending on which version of it you're wanting to build (it currently does have Bel Air trim on it).

Agreed. IIRC it was a 2DS with 210 trim (i.e., didn't have the aluminum panels in the side "spears").

Project X as it appears now. 1957-chevy-project-x.jpg

This is the most well known version, from the movie Hollywood Knights, which is also it appeared through most of the '70s and '80s. 510.jpg

This during its sting as a back halved prod street car back in the late '80s 2002sc_zoom+1957_Chevrolet+Project_X_Fro

I'm having a hard time finding good pictures of it from the early years ('65-'77), I'll have to check my personal archives to see if I still have the issue of Popular Hotrodding that has the history of the car, including early pics from when they first got it. IIRC, it was a salmon colored 283 Powerglide car originally.

Interesting bit of useless information from the photo after GM had redone the car. The Project X started out as a 210 model as seen in the old photos. It looks like when the car got redone they put the Bel Air trim on the top of the rear fenders, IE the chrome trim running along the top of the fin.  I think the original build with the hood "gun sights" removed looks better also.