Model Cars Magazine Forum

......She said "Yes'

Badluck 13

.....Some here may or may not know that I am a single dad to the most awesome lil' girl a father could ever ask for and that's part of a huge reason why I haven't really dated seriously or anything because at my age (now 53) and having a daughter still at home (she's now 14) makes it kinda difficult when most people at this age has grown kids , don't get me wrong,I wouldn't have it any other way having Baby Girl still at home,even for the next 20yrs lol ......I did however met a girl who is around my age that not only understand my issue but she has 2 sets of twins still at home 2 16yr boys and two 19yr old girls.

We been dating for a while and it just amazes me I could find someone that has pretty much the same likes,wants and desires as I and the kids ALL get along and their real dad doesn't have much to do with them for reasons I wont get into and the girls already call me dad and one especially we have become very close.....so with the help of the girls including Baby Girl helped me with sizing and ring hunting and so last night I asked this wonderful woman to marry me and she said "YES".......just wanted to share this and Ohhhh she is into model building as well!!!!!!

CONGRATS MAN!!! I'm coming up on my first anniversary with my wife in a couple months and it's truly awesome to be with someone who shares the same passions and supports everything you do!

Good luck in what seems like an amazing, bright, happy, and very beautiful future for you guys!!

Edited by CFMgarage

.....Some here may or may not know that I am a single dad to the most awesome lil' girl a father could ever ask for and that's part of a huge reason why I haven't really dated seriously or anything because at my age (now 53) and having a daughter still at home (she's now 14) makes it kinda difficult when most people at this age has grown kids , don't get me wrong,I wouldn't have it any other way having Baby Girl still at home,even for the next 20yrs lol ......I did however met a girl who is around my age that not only understand my issue but she has 2 sets of twins still at home 2 16yr boys and two 19yr old girls.

We been dating for a while and it just amazes me I could find someone that has pretty much the same likes,wants and desires as I and the kids ALL get along and their real dad doesn't have much to do with them for reasons I wont get into and the girls already call me dad and one especially we have become very close.....so with the help of the girls including Baby Girl helped me with sizing and ring hunting and so last night I asked this wonderful woman to marry me and she said "YES".......just wanted to share this and Ohhhh she is into model building as well!!!!!!

Congrats Mike, and I just have to ask, did you go to Jarred's!?!? :lol::lol::lol:

Howz her airbrushing skills? LOL! Congrats and good luck, as I've known several couples on their "second time" around and they seem to be doin' well.

It's a good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read that Nick, you'd be owing me a new keyboard and monitor sir!:lol::lol: 

And on a serious note, sometimes the "second time" around comes full circle, it has for me. After a year I'd rather forget last year that led me to almost give up on relationships completely, my ex wife was a part of my "support group" that actually got me through everything that happened last year to me, and likewise I was there for her through a tough year for her last year. That all led to her asking me on New Year's Eve if maybe both of our troubles with others were because we made a mistake 15 years ago when we got divorced, so we are slowly testing the waters for our "second time" around, and it's just as you said, it seems to be going well so far with us. :D