Model Cars Magazine Forum

Land of the Giants "Spindrift" space ship DONE !

cobraman

I bought this kit just something different to do. When I started it I felt just putting it on the plastic stand would be lame. So....... I decided it needed to be part of a small diorama. Here then are photos of the start of it. No pics yet of the space ship as it is drying in the garage. I started with a base from Hobby Lobby and it was too large so I cut it in half. I then stained and cleared it. Next I mixed up some Celuclay and applied it to the base as the ground work. It has been given a base coat of dark brown. It will be dry brushed with a lighter color and them some grass and rocks will be added. I also made a wall from balsa wood for the back but forgot to take a pic of it. It was made from some thick balsa and then covered with spackling and painted. The tree stumps were carved from more balsa wood and then painted.

spindrift%20dio%20001_zps2g60stln.jpg

spindrift%20dio%20002_zpskrxy4xh4.jpg

Edited by cobraman
updated and done

Thanks men. There is no scale indicated on the box but it is pretty small, only about 7 inches or so. As for the interior the original did not have one. This version does have one from a different company. It is just punch out card stock that is better than nothing I guess but you can't really see inside anyway. I did install it nevertheless. Having a bit of trouble with the decals right now .

• 3 weeks later...