Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brake cooling ducts

Cool, back in my plastic modeling days, many moons ago, I used flexible drinking straws, for ducting. They make different diameter sizes, and I believe they were cocktail drinking straws that were close to scale, but check it out if your interested, cause that was long ago.:lol:

Cheers,

Lance 

51EGvcAf1PL.jpg

71i55U52R7L__SX522_.jpg

Cool, back in my plastic modeling days, many moons ago, I used flexible drinking straws, for ducting. They make different diameter sizes, and I believe they were cocktail drinking straws that were close to scale, but check it out if your interested, cause that was long ago.:lol:

Cheers,

Lance 

51EGvcAf1PL.jpg

71i55U52R7L__SX522_.jpg

What kind of cement did you use? Those straws look like polypropelene [sp?] and I don't know of any glue that will adhere.

What kind of cement did you use? Those straws look like polypropelene [sp?] and I don't know of any glue that will adhere.

This is a consumer version of the stuff used in bodyshops to bond plastics like PP and PE...    http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/sg_plstc/overview/Loctite-Plastics-Bonding-System.htm

And check out Alibaba for rotsa kinds of frexible straws. High minimum order, but hey...repackage them and sell for 2000% markup as modeling specialties.    http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/paper-drinking-straws-flexible.html

Edited by Ace-Garageguy