Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8th scale Pocher F40 with Autograph transkit

SWAGON

• 1 month later...

Just a minor update. Haven't had much time for it lately. Started cutting and filing/sanding the vents from the rear bottom panel of the car. I never intended on doing this because of how hard it will be to do the carbon decals but what the hell... All the vents are still rough and will need fine sanding and even a touch of filler for areas where I nicked the body with the dremel. Since I found an LM hood vent insert, I can start cutting the extra hood I got. Will have to pick up a 3rd hood for a stock version as well since I already cut the first which doesn't match the pre-made insert. 

Rough cut all the final body vents. Not perfect but this is my first time doing anything like this. First time soldering etc. I truly hope I can finish this car but am skeptical with all the work ahead. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Brandon, if still interested in selling I would be interested as a buyer. New to this site but have been looking all over for the autograph transkit, specifically but email me at Stephen.spg29@gmail.com if interested in working something out.

I did metal & paint in a Ferrari dealership back in the early 90's.  We had a new F-40 come in...one very serious automobile & beautifully built!!  Boss threw a sunday champaign breakfast & private showing for all the employees. Did a startup on the engine...the gearhead in me just about fainted with delight!! :)  He had it sold for about 80% profit before it was even delivered.  B)  B)

Edited by Ognib

• 3 weeks later...