Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Short Film.

Ace-Garageguy

I liked the thing for its originality, its production values, and the story-line. All done on a very small budget.

Different people will get different things from it, but for me, it's got a definite "hook".

I see a subtle underlying theme about what kind of responsibility a human may have for the welfare of a robotic machine of human creation, assuming that machines can ever be self-aware and feel emotion...which I believe is entirely possible (talk to Mr. Kurzweil).

Your results may vary. <_<

Then there are the more obvious themes, including the futility of trying to "replace" someone that one has loved, and the possibility of deep human / intelligent-machine emotional relationships. 

If you like to learn, use what you've learned to think, and have any interest in AI (artificial intelligence), the link below is a pretty good overview of the development and problems associated with the technology. It's a jumping-off point for further reading and research on the subject.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence

Edited by Ace-Garageguy