Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Fruitwagon

B-Ram

Without the fruit....doesn't it become just a wagon?If you are building a stock body version you could cover the sides with screen and make it vendor's truck for just about anything like tools.Or how about a completely stock version that could carry a mobile DJ service(?)from the early 1900's and equip it with hand crank Victorias or Edison cylinder photographs.I can guarantee you it would be the only on any display table you put it on!

Without the fruit....doesn't it become just a wagon?If you are building a stock body version you could cover the sides with screen and make it vendor's truck for just about anything like tools.Or how about a completely stock version that could carry a mobile DJ service(?)from the early 1900's and equip it with hand crank Victorias or Edison cylinder photographs.I can guarantee you it would be the only on any display table you put it on!

:lol:

I don't have this kit but find it very intriguing. Interested in what you do with this Bill.

Edited by Speedfreak

Starting with the cab. So far there has been a lot of flash to clean. The cab is made in five pieces. The fit has not been very good. The mating faces just sit together, so I have glued each face together separately using clamps.

Bill

DSCF0929.JPG

Quick note. I have found that so far every edge has flash and needs to be cleaned up. Also, the parts fit is not very good. This is the second AMT kit that I have built that needs this attention. Nothing that can't be taken care of, just a little more work. With all of the build options, you can build a nice model.

Bill