Model Cars Magazine Forum

German WW 2 Mobile MG Bunker

I think I will work on this kit next. It's a WW2 German machine gun bunker. It's a 1:72 kit from the Ukraine. It was built by Nazi Germany in early 1940 and was made out of cast steel. This will probably make it's way as a small diorama.

got%20today%20002_zpsi4gqrsjm.jpg

Edited by cobraman
spelling error

I don't know about finishing this one. Man,

it is tiny being a 1/72 scale kit. Add to that the fact the instructions are pretty poor and plus that my clunky hands are having a problem with the tiny parts. The fact that I am doing this with 64 year old eyes doesn't help either. Not much of the inside detail can be seen even with the hatch open but I want to try to do the best I can anyway. The photo posted here is made up of 21 pieces and the dime is to give you an idea of how small this thing is.

It's a 34. I don't believe I will ever be able to tackle another kit of this size. In fact I should be looking to build larger models and not smaller. Don't know what the heck I was thinking. I will most likely make this part of a small diorama.

I thought so, but it's so difficult to see in the photo that I just wasn't sure. The MG 34 was a pretty darn nice weapon.

This will be the last photo before it is closed up and the exterior is painted.

Ray, seems a shame to enclose that after all you put into it. Could you do an exploded view using clear plastic to hold the parts seperate?

From a tacitcal view point, that thing looks like it'd be a Steel Coffin for two that was already 2/3rds buried...........

Edited by Crazy Ed

Not really, you'll have the photos to remember the guts. Are you going to depict it dug in, as intended?

Yes Kevin, it will be dug in but not completely to the lip. I found a photo I liked and am trying to follow that pic. Diorama base has been started and this project will be in the diorama section soon.