Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Chevy

Hi guys! Does anyone currently make a trans kit to turn the readily available AMT '70 Impala into a '69? The original '69s are pretty scarce and usually very pricey! Also, although the cars are very similar, the front ends are different enough the body may take alot of work. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Until Kris gets to casting a '69, your best bet is to set up an eBay Search Agent for them and keep your eyes open for a rebuildable junker.  You will need the 1969 unique pieces like the body, hood, bumpers and interior.  A repop 1970 kit can provide nearly everything else.  

I guy on Facebook sold me a 69 conversion but it was the last pieces. I thought about buy the MCW but after some

research i will try craft the 69 Buick Wildcat roof section on a 70 spare car i got,i want to make the Sport Coupe myself. 

Here is the pieces. 

69 Impala conversion.jpg

Edited by om617

Thanks for the input guys, it's much appreciated! BTW Kris, is there any way I can get a movement started here to get you to cast a '69 Olds 88 for us?! Besides being the other one of the first cars that I remember my parents owning, along with the '69 Chevy, It's a very classy looking car, has never been kitted by anyone, and could use the '69 Wildcat that Tommy mentioned, or the soon to be reissued '70 Bonneville as a donor!!

Yeah Jeff, I totally understand that, and like I mentioned, the '69 Olds 88 has never been done by anyone, anywhere! And while the BOP division was sharing many parts in those days, a Buick or Pontiac kit from 68-70 could get you a long way, it would still take an enormous amount of skill to make the unique parts to make it an Oldsmobile! Just wishful thinking that someone might do it someday!

I guy on Facebook sold me a 69 conversion but it was the last pieces. I thought about buy the MCW but after some

research i will try craft the 69 Buick Wildcat roof section on a 70 spare car i got,i want to make the Sport Coupe myself.

Here is the pieces.

69 Impala conversion.jpg

Look up Jeral Teirney on facebook for this conversion^

I use to own a 69 Impala HT SS years ago...love the grille with the hidden headlamps.  I have a 69 old rebuilder from my dads collection but needs parts...for one the dashboard top is missing...any ideas..?

Since you already have a '69 builder Mark picking up a  current '70 Impala from your LHS for around $25 would probably be the most time and cost effective way for you to finish yours, assuming that all the '69 specific parts are present and intact on your builder. If not Modelhaus seems to have almost all of them except for the body, unfortunately they do not offer a trans kit for this one, buying them individually can get pricey pretty fast, that's why I started this thread!

Since you already have a '69 builder Mark picking up a  current '70 Impala from your LHS for around $25 would probably be the most time and cost effective way for you to finish yours, assuming that all the '69 specific parts are present and intact on your builder. If not Modelhaus seems to have almost all of them except for the body, unfortunately they do not offer a trans kit for this one, buying them individually can get pricey pretty fast, that's why I started this thread!

Craig...Thanks for the information...I wonder if they offer a dashboard for the 69 or wheel covers for it..?   My car and the model have the formal roof so I know the glass from a 70 will work on it.