Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Kenworth T600 (on the farm)

Nice job on the weathering, as well as the cab pin stripes......That's a very difficult thing to do, for sure....Great job.....

Thanks.  This one is proving to be a bit more challenging, I think it is the scale and the fact that the "real" truck is in cosmetically better condition so replicating some wear is more difficult as I don't want it overdone but I want to make it look used.

Hand painted pin stripes!

Wow, just when I think I have seen it all here on the forum, you step it up Jon!

The cab looks great and thanks for posting your videos.

Rob

"I" stepped it up!?  I am still a novice builder!  This is only the second model I have ever done any advanced weathering or detail work like this.  This is not really my bailiwick.  I am still learning.  My normal projects involve restoring real cars and motorcycles.  I guess that could contribute to my attention to detail I suppose.

My usual projects are turning things like this  http://www.thejunkmanadv.com/

3254563_orig.jpg

INTO this:  I do all the paint work as well as the mechanical's.  If I can't get a part I usually make it.

7717756_orig.jpg?592

• 8 months later...

That turned out all right, Man.....Great job on the weathering.....I know how projects can stall, for sure, but glad you were able to get it done.....Nice....

The stall was mainly because this kit has major fitment issues on nearly all parts.  I needed a break from it, so I worked on other non-model projects.

Edited by thejunkman

The stall was mainly because this kit has major fitment issues on nearly all parts.  I needed a break from it, so I worked on other non-model projects.

I know that's right....This model is very much a pain in the butt.....You really have to work to get this model to go together, for sure....I feel ya there.....

I know that's right....This model is very much a pain in the butt.....You really have to work to get this model to go together, for sure....I feel ya there.....

This kit really is.  The bumper interferes with the hood opening all the way correctly.  I fiddled with it, but couldn't get it perfect, but its fine.  Which is a shame because I did a lot of detail work on that engine.  It is also why I left the sunroof even though "the real McCoy" doesn't have it so you could see more of the detailed interior.  Making that flattop sleeper was a chore.  I still have a few details to add like the bug deflector, licence plates and CB antenna's.  For those that don't know.  Here is the REAL thing I tried to replicate.  I consider model building like this impressionistic art.

3994547_orig.jpg