Model Cars Magazine Forum

Check Your Pegasus Wheel/tire Packs

I was rooting through some aftermarket wheels I have (project classified, so dont' ask) and found that the larger diameter wheel and tire sets (any of the 23") from Pegasus are "jammed" into the same packaging used for the standard wheels. I pulled a couple and found them slighty deformed, sporting flat spots where they were snug against the packaging.

It also appears that the "rubber" isn't the same as used on some of the older sets, and held the deformation after being removed from the package.

Pegasus does such a nice job with their wheels that it'd be a shame to reach for a set to finish off a killer project only to find they are boogered up.

I've removed all of them from the packs and will store them wrapped in tissue paper and tucked into some resealable poly bags.

I'm just giving you all a heads up to check the ones you might have squirreld away for that special build-up.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check mine. ;)

Sooooo............what's the project? :blink::lol:

Your beating (as reward for your blatant insolence) will be meted out at the meeting Saturday. ;)

That is unless I actually complete the project, in which case I'll be in such a state of euphoria for actually finishing something that I won't have the heart to pummel you. Good luck with that.

Your beating (as reward for your blatant insolence) will be meted out at the meeting Saturday. :rolleyes:

That is unless I actually complete the project, in which case I'll be in such a state of euphoria for actually finishing something that I won't have the heart to pummel you. Good luck with that.

:D:D:P:P

That is unless I actually complete the project, in which case I'll be in such a state of euphoria for actually finishing something that I won't have the heart to pummel you.

That project being built for our special contest Saturday???

Just askin'.

And if you don't have the heart for pummelage :) , I will! :blink:;)

only to find they are boogered up.

"boogered up"...you wouldn't by chance be from Pennsylvania would you? :) Saturdays meeting for me at this point is a 50/50 chance ( and my predictions are considerably more accurate than those made by central PA. t.v. weathermen). Are you going to NNL East Dan?

Now THAT is funny!!! ;);):lol:

Well, a finished build is a finished build, right? :P

I love the internet...it provides a global forum in which my bestest buds can freely bust my chops. Now even hobbyists in Pago-Pago know I can't finish anything...good OR bad. :)

Remember boys...I control the club newsletter and web site content. Be afraid. Be very afraid...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!