Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dipmobile? Build idea? Anyone?

We are at Disneyworld. I found a couple build ideas even here. This one is a model in the Disney museum of the Dipmobile from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It is actually in 1/24th scale. I'm wondering what base kit might work. I'll have look into it when we get home 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The model appears to be based on an Italeri European truck. There is some debate, but the 1:1 Dipmobile appeared to be based on a WW2-era six-ton Military truck, likely a White 666. It has also been I'd as a GMC CCKW, though the cab appears closer to what the six-ton rigs used. Either way it is difficult to tell as so much of the truck is obscured. There are no 1:24 WW2 military trucks of these types in kit form, likely why the builder of this model went with a much later-model kit as the base of the model. 

The model appears to be based on an Italeri European truck. There is some debate, but the 1:1 Dipmobile appeared to be based on a WW2-era six-ton Military truck, likely a White 666. It has also been I'd as a GMC CCKW, though the cab appears closer to what the six-ton rigs used. Either way it is difficult to tell as so much of the truck is obscured. There are no 1:24 WW2 military trucks of these types in kit form, likely why the builder of this model went with a much later-model kit as the base of the model. 

It looks like it was based of the Italeri DAF 2800. http://italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2064&idCategoria=7&idSottocategoria=34