Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Roadrunner Avocado Green

drodg

This is my almost finished AMT 68 Roadrunner. I need to foil the door handles.   I used MCW paint for the green and I used Keith Mark's decals for the rear panel.  Nice build & it goes together pretty easily.  I used the cell phone so the quality of the pictures not the best.   Thanks

I do like your tail lights better.  I should have used the Keith Mark's decals and used Missing Link's lights.  It would have looked better.  Your car looks great.

Very nice, I love the "mainstream" colors instead of bright muscle colors.  

You're right on the grill...the taillights are pretty poor too, but Missing Link makes a nice replacement set in resin, they just need to be thinned down a bit.

DSCF0782.JPG

...nice build on your 'bird.....I knew someone here in my city who had a real 68 runner in that green, and always liked it at the time when I too  had my beige 68 runner  back in around 1975.......always loved those cars, especially the 68's ......I'm working on the same kit presently and am making it a drag car of the late 60s-early 70s era, and found that those tail lights are a problem as we all know, but after grinding the back of them down a bunch, then taking plastic strip and building a surround molding for the edge,,,then foiling the surround, then paint detailing them,,,,you can get by with a decent end result. once finished, I will post mine.....yours looks great and i'll enjoy seeing it here to inspire my build............best,..the Ace...........:rolleyes:

Edited by AC Norton

• 2 weeks later...