Model Cars Magazine Forum

GT500KR Shelby Mustang

vamach1

So here is my unusual HRM 68 Shelby conversion.  I originally painted the body and the paint jobs just came out bad so I tried to strip the paint and that softened the resin and the oven cleaner did not do that good a job of paint removal either.  So instead of scraping the body, I order another body from HRM and set it aside and used some of the 67 AMT Shelby kit parts, some from the AMT 68GT500, some from the MPC 69 Mach1 and Fred Cady and Keith Marks decals to make a 68GT500KR.  I still plan to build my other HRM transkit as s GT350.  The one thing you'll notice is I did not add the roll bar yet and I used the AMT kit interior.  Using mostly AMT parts was a challenge but everything for okay after some cutting and putty.  Enjoy and ask any questions you may have.

GT500KR 005.jpg

GT500KR 007.jpg

GT500KR 010.jpg

GT500KR 003.jpg

GT500KR 008.jpg

GT500KR 004.jpg

Beautiful kit-bash!  It really came out great!  Two questions:  What is that color?  I love it, but I've had a bit of a problem lately with Testors Nassau Blue (using it too much) and that might be what I love... It's feeding my addiction.

second, where did you get those tires?  They look to be molded BFG T/As.... Are they from a kit?

thanks!