Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rally Sport Grill 4 "NEW" Revell `67 Camaro?

Are there any of the talented resin caters out there doing an RS (Rally Sport) grill for the "NEW" Revell `67 Camaro? If not what`s you with that, (IMHO) I would be astonished if it wasn't a marketable piece. I`m just asking....

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Mike thanks for the heads up!!! I had NO idea that Revell had RS/SS Nickey `67 Camaro kit in  the pipe line!!! I just got off the phone with my LHS and placing an order for a couple of them bad boys . Right now I`m doing my happy dance over here. Many, many thanks for the enlightenment!!!! I`m also pleased to see a "Nickey" car being done..after all Motion and Yenko weren't the only players in the dealer prepped hi-performance game during the `60-70.

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Mike thanks for the heads up!!! I had NO idea that Revell had RS/SS Nickey `67 Camaro kit in  the pipe line!!! I just got off the phone with my LHS and placing an order for a couple of them bad boys . Right now I`m doing my happy dance over here. Many, many thanks for the enlightenment!!!! I`m also pleased to see a "Nickey" car being done..after all Motion and Yenko weren't the only players in the dealer prepped hi-performance game during the `60-70.

Even a Dana would be possible from this kit !

Even a Dana would be possible from this kit !

True the only thing you need would be the distinctive dual scoop fiberglass hood.

67-68DanaHood.thumb.jpg.c8948a177abd8133

True the only thing you need would be the distinctive dual scoop fiberglass hood.

67-68DanaHood.thumb.jpg.c8948a177abd8133

Did Dana use that hood in '67 , too ? ( That green '68 was originally a 350 / Powerglide , IIRC . Dana converted it in '69 to a 427 / 4-speed )

I concede that the green Dana Camaro is a `68.

So, I submit for your viewing the following picture of a `67 Dana Camaro 427 car with the same hood:

https://www.google.com/search?q=1967+dana+camaro&biw=1842&bih=1232&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKsbaLve3KAhXCJx4KHZShAlgQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=LitTMc2GAfSwaM%3A

159667399-dana-camaro-what-everyone-knew

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Modelhaus's repros from the original AMT annual '67 will fit the Revell body with minor tweaking, and is more accurately shaped than the Revell part will be.

And you know this because? Personally before I start chucking rocks at something and making claims I like to actually touch the PRODUCTION parts, it's really easy to say it's wrong from a mock up of preproduction parts and pieces only to have to see an orthodontist to have a foot removed after the production kits come out and the new pieces are what we were looking for.

And you know this because? Personally before I start chucking rocks at something and making claims I like to actually touch the PRODUCTION parts, it's really easy to say it's wrong from a mock up of preproduction parts and pieces only to have to see an orthodontist to have a foot removed after the production kits come out and the new pieces are what we were looking for.

I know this because the current grille is shaped wrong, the body is shaped wrong to fit it, I doubt that they've corrected the body, and the published photos show no evidence that they've corrected either the body or the shape of the grille. If it turns out that they have, I will be GLAD to come back here and admit I was wrong. But I doubt that's going to happen, sadly.

Are there any of the talented resin caters out there doing an RS (Rally Sport) grill for the "NEW" Revell `67 Camaro? If not what`s you with that, (IMHO) I would be astonished if it wasn't a marketable piece. I`m just asking....

Just for the record, a true RS grille is different from what is being shown for the upcoming Nickey Camaro, which has an RS/SS grille.