Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Batman V Superman Batmobile.....FINISHED

Dave Van

While this version of the Batmobile is not my favorite design......it is one of the most unusual vehicles and the kit builds very nicely and sometime unconventionally. It is also the biggest Batmobile......a little bigger than a Hummer, which is what it reminds me of.....kinda a cross between a Hummer and a Scarab beetle!!! 
Kit has a simplified engine that is very hard to see once vehicle is built. Interior is complete but simple. Body is multi part affair that goes together very well and fits excellently. Tires are all new rubber like units that are big and I can see on other Sci-Fi or off road builds. 
Most difficult part was the rear 'wings' support. But take your time and DO NOT remove parts all at one time......left and right are very different and are keyed one way or another. I attached the main supports to the rear axle first then the smaller supports to the wings....then dry fitted the wings before applying Tamiya Super Thin glue to them.....worked like a charm!!! 
Paint is hot rod gray primer over all parts while still on trees. Then as sub-assemblies were completed Tamiya Gun Metal was applied in a misting coat.....allowing some of the primer to show. Washes of Tamiya black brought out details. 
Overall a great kit even if the subject may not be your cup of tea.....a fun build and some cool parts!! 
Thanks for looking!!!! 
Kit in transport now.....due next month or so. 

BAT1.JPG

BAT2.JPG

BAT3.JPG

BAT5.JPG

BAT7.JPG