Model Cars Magazine Forum

Small, old and Rivety - Heller's little Noratlas out of box

They say that good things come in small packages, right? The thing is, that doesn’t seem to always be the case! I was in a local store a few years ago and I of course gravitated to the Heller section. I saw they had a big Noratlas in stock, but I didn’t want to use up that much shelf space. So, when I saw a little one at 1/170, I thought it was a perfect answer! It was also in scale to some old Macross kits I had.

However, as you likely can guess, the small Noratlas isn’t that great a kit. In fact, it’s well on the road to running ancient Airfix a competition for bad ideas given plastic form! Of course, that kind of makes me love it all the more!

I doubt this is a kit too many have, or at least are thinking of building, but despite it all, it does look like it could have potential! (Hmm… what if gunship comes to mind…)

If you want to be glad of the small-scale kits we get nowadays, check out this old chestnut!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/1170-heller-nord-2501-noratlas-oob/

Noratlass OOB 001.JPG

Edited by Faust