Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is the first choice of a new tool you would like to see by any manufacturer?

Now that is a tough one for me. I would like to see quite a few done but I guess I would have to say a 66 Buick skylark that is factory stock would be nice. I can take care of all the day 2 modifications all by myself. And don't get me wrong but I absolutely love Round 2 and Revell but I would prefer that Moebius did this one, and many others. Thank you.     Jeff 

P.s l think that you picked a great subject to discuss. 

There are two current concept cars which aren't going to be manufactured...an absolute heartbreaker for those of us who love cars that just plain stand apart from the rest of the boring, uninspired new junk.  I would love to see these two done in kit form given that I can't have the 1:1.

-Ford Torino Shelby GT

-Datsun 510 concept (Nissan IDx)

2017.jpg

nissan_idx_concept_reimagines_classic_datsun_510_large_12345.jpg

There are two current concept cars which aren't going to be manufactured...an absolute heartbreaker for those of us who love cars that just plain stand apart from the rest of the boring, uninspired new junk.  I would love to see these two done in kit form given that I can't have the 1:1.

-Ford Torino Shelby GT

-Datsun 510 concept (Nissan IDx)

2017.jpg

nissan_idx_concept_reimagines_classic_datsun_510_large_12345.jpg

WOW, both look killer!

Yeah.  The IDx would have been a stand-alone front engine/rear drive platform so deep down I grudgingly understand why they won't do it in today's market.  Still...wouldn't it be great if people started buying cars designed just for the sake of enjoying them?  Personally, I'm getting sick of the idea of purchasing a car just because it's a practical necessity and I'll always root for anyone who buys something different like a new Pony car. 

Automakers have designed enough CRV and Camry-esk type cars to thrill the walking dead market.  For a change, build something exciting for people with a heartbeat.

Here we go again. I wonder how many thread there are here on this same subject? I'm sorry, but I more and more find these threads boring. What model do you want to see next? Who cares?

We need to endure this stuff and play along, because we often have recent members who haven't been involved before. The OP only has 140 posts here.

Skip, this ID may only have 140 posts,but I had to create it when my old ID got "lost' in one of the server migrations. Started reading posts around 2007, and I think I only had around 80 posts before having to create the new user name. But I was curious about it lately, since some of my choices from years ago have been done now. The Moiebus Lone-Star and Pro-Star, the Hudson race cars, the '55 Chrysler, a couple of the new tool Revell '57 Chevies (still waiting on the '57 Nomad new tool!), the Revell '57 Ford Del Rio, Revell '56 Nomad and Del Rey. So many of my list have been done now. One I would like done probably would not be great seller, but I would kind of like a '63 Dodge from Lindberg. Another new tool I would like to see is one of the newer Freightliner tractors. But it is also interesting to hear others choices, rather than comments like unclescott58. Don't like the post, why bother commenting? Close it and go on. And I will readily admit, I read many more posts than I submit. I am reading others' posts almost every day. But as you said (respectfully, I would like to add) many recent members have not seen posts like this one to comment on. I had not seen the Nissan Concept Car Tom T posted, but thought doing that in the BRE paint scheme would look cool to me. And stevez's idea of the Lincoln Zephyr made me realize I am not the only person that like that car. If such a kit ever came out I would have more of those than '40 Fords! So it is nice to hear others comments when they are more than critiscisms of the topic

Edited by socal76

I would like to see a newly tooled "stock"  (no funny car re-issues) 1/25 1969 Pontiac GTO "Judge". As well as, kits of the most under represented American auto manufacturer the American Motors Company  (since the demise of Jo-Han) 1968/69  and 1970 Javelin.

Edited by 69NovaYenko

I would like to see a newly tooled "stock"  no funny car re-issues 1/25 1969 Pontiac GTO "Judge". As well as, kits of the most under represented American auto manufacturer the American Motors Company  (since the demise of Jo-Han) 1968/69  and 1970 Javelin.

A modern tooling of an AMX and Javelin would open up a world of subjects I would like to complete but I just cant cut up pricey originals that lack the detail we take for granted on newer kits.