Model Cars Magazine Forum

THE BUS is finished......

Dave Van

This model is as much a show car than actual drag car. 
Started as a Tom Daniel S'cool bus kit....converted from duel motor to a single with shortened chassis. 
This project was started back 2012 and stalled after I finished the chassis and body work....but stalled when I could not decide paint and graphics......so I just picked and hoped for the best!! 
I made the conventional bus into more a city 'flat nose' bus to mirror a certain movie vehicle!! Tall injector stacks are from a AMT Beetle Bus (soon to be reissued) most of the rest kit parts or sheet stock. K&S tinted clear stock for windows, reg clear for front windshield. Tamiya paints and my own decals. I will clear it in a week or two but will not look different....calling it 'stalled #2 complete' Thanks

BUS5.JPG

BUS4.JPG

BUS3.JPG

BUS6.JPG

Edited by Dave Van

I love it Dave!  Love the final choice of decals... but if you were having problems figuring it out, you did design a certain decal sheet a short time ago!  :)

I've been working on my own version of the S'cool Bus.  I started it as part of the 24 Hour  Build and actually got it 80% finished  before tacky paint that wouldn't dry had me stop at 6am.  I've worked major hours the last 14 hours straight at work, so I haven't had a chance to get back to it.  I won't post my progress photos here, so not to invade your thread.. but hopefully will get some bench time soon to finish it! 

That's really cool! I started a S'Cool Bus years ago but went the opposite route. If freakishly long w/2 motors wasn't big enough, why not extend the body and chassis to make it a 4 motored behemoth. It ended up being so big I stored it with an 1/8 scale project that's yet to be finished. Made a promise to myself after the holidays, no more new projects until I finish at least a few old ones. Thanks for a bit of inspiration to get mine back out!

Again really cool flat nose conversation, looks awesome!!!