Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shop Mods

I like your collection on plates especially the NWT and Expo67 ones.

Carl

I have a complete set of Ontario plates from 1920 to the current issue hanging along the shelf in my garage.

I also have all the 1967 plates over the spot where I park the Mustang.

And all the 1934 plates except the Territories and Newfoundland over the Chevy. I think they didn't have any in NWT in 1934 however they did in the Yukon. It is made of unobtainium. As far as Newf goes, it wasn't a province then and the 1934 plate is horrendously expensive when you can find one.

Good luck with your project Pat.  Don't believe I have ever seen an electrical panel installed horizontally - May not meet code if that matters.

I watch a lot of home reno shows on HGTV and they're all based out of Ontario; horizontal panels are quite common there. And to code.

I'm not an electrician but I did a bit of research and apparently there is no issue with horizontal panel installation in Canada.  However in the USA:

240.33 Vertical Position.
Enclosures for overcurrent devices shall be mounted in a vertical position unless that is shown to be impracticable.

Circuit breaker enclosures shall be permitted to be installed horizontally where the circuit breaker is installed in accordance with

Listed busway plug-in units shall be permitted to be mounted in orientations corresponding to the busway mounting position.

240.81 Indicating.
Circuit breakers shall clearly indicate whether they are in the open “off” or closed “on” position.

Where circuit breaker handles are operated vertically rather than rotationally or horizontally, the “up” position of the handle shall be the “on” position.

So as I understand it in the US a panel can be mounted horizontally however the requirement that the on postion for the breaker be up you effectively elimate half of your breaker slots.