Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why are so many hunting Max Wedge parts?

I'm just curious as to why some of you guys are searching MW engines and such. The Moebius Belvedere I supposedly has a wedge engine, and it being a new tool, one would think it would be more desirable. The reason I ask is because I want to mix a '63 JoHan Fury and a more modern tool kit to create my own beast.............

Thanks for any insight on this......!  :)

The 413 and 426 Max Wedge RB engines was for racing only with a cross ram intake manifold and dual 4 bbl carburators, there were many differences in the inside but otherwise they look like any other R/RB 383-440 wedge engine. the RB has slightly taller deck than the B but it's almost impossible to see on a model, the early R/RB and the Max Wedge had 4 bolt valve covers and the newer had 6 as 2 bolts were added in lower front and back of the valve cover.

I am in the planning stages of building a 64 330 w/426 Max Wedge as to build a "sleeper" to match the car in the song "Little Old Lady From Pasadena" by the Beach Boys (originally by Jan & Dean). I will also be building a 64 Plymouth Belvedere Max wedge to go with it. I will be building these simultaneously.

It's also fun for me to do the research on these cars and engines. 

I haven't seen the Moebius engine in person yet but the Lindberg engine would work just fine, the differences between the 413, 426, 426 stage II and III Max Wedge engines was all internal so it doesn't matter much, the option engine in the AMT 49 Mercury is a Max Wedge.

Here you can learn everything you need about the Max Wedge engines.
http://maxwedge.com/

Edited by Force

• 4 weeks later...

Instead of starting another thread, I'll ask this here.......... Would the Moebius Belvedere 1 MW car have the right interior panels and seats for a '63 car?

I know these cars were pretty bare bones and without a lot of the trim that the civilian cars had, just wondering if they changed the inside trim from year to year on the strip cars.........

The dash for the '63 is unique, but would all the rest of the interior interchange?

Thank you for any answers.........  :)

Instead of starting another thread, I'll ask this here.......... Would the Moebius Belvedere 1 MW car have the right interior panels and seats for a '63 car?

I know these cars were pretty bare bones and without a lot of the trim that the civilian cars had, just wondering if they changed the inside trim from year to year on the strip cars.........

The dash for the '63 is unique, but would all the rest of the interior interchange?

Thank you for any answers.........  :)

No.

The 1963 Max Wedge cars had the exact same interior as a non max wedge . ( same goes for 1962 model as well )

The forthcoming 1965 Belvedere 1 interior is actually only correct for a 1965 Hemi car, aka A990 pkg.  Which tells me there are multiple versions of this kit on the way ,,Besides the announced Melrose Missle version ( for the record ,,there was no Max wedge option avail in 1965 )

Edited by gtx6970

No.

The 1963 Max Wedge cars had the exact same interior as a non max wedge . ( same goes for 1962 model as well )

The forthcoming 1965 Belvedere 1 interior is actually only correct for a 1965 Hemi car, aka A990 pkg.  Which tells me there are multiple versions of this kit on the way ,,Besides the announced Melrose Missle version

Thanks....... :)