Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gravity Colors...anybody bought from them lately?

After I read a few things including publicity articles in both SAE and Model Cars Magazine about Gravity Colors, I decided to pull the plug and make a purchase using their first time purchase discount.  About a week later I checked the status of the order and the site said it was still pending...so I sent an inquiry to see what was going on.  No answer.

My second inquiry 5 days later was replied to and I was given a USPS tracking number told on February 11 that the package was shipped 6 days earlier on the 5th .  When I checked the tracking number, the items purchased were not shipped yet but USPS was notified the item was ready to shipped but not rec'd yet.  I was given the excuse that the tracking software they use was having issues but when I tracked the package at the USPS site, it told me the same thing as their tracking software.

Now they tell me that the package was dropped off at 6 pm tonight, Friday 2/12 (a full week after they originally told me it was shipped) and I won’t get it until Tuesday although it was supposedly shipped 2-day priority mail.

As a former writer for Toy Cars and Models Magazine and The Car Room Magazine, I recognize the excellent press that Gravity Colors has gotten in magazines lately, based on this transaction...I’m just not seeing it.  I'm not saying I was lied to but...well draw your own conclusions.  My opinion, buyer beware.

I've made several purchases off Gravity and they all went like clockwork. I tracked the order all the way from US to NZ with out an issue.

On more than one occasion from several different companies I have been given tracking numbers that didn't add up.

Everything to date has eventually arrived here so I've never worried about it too much.

I just bought from them without issue. I emailed a couple times, received responses right away. One of my bottles was sweating a little, not leaking. I mentioned it as was immediately offered a replacement. 

I pack and ship for a living. With UPS, USPS and FedEx. Things happen occasionally. I have had UPS just flat out not come some days, even though I pay a monthly fee for a guaranteed daily pick up. I have had FedEx and USPS flat out lose packages. Some to show up later, some to never be seen from again.

With a business like Gravity, I would assume he has USPS pickups done and does not make runs to the post office every day, it would be cost prohibitive and waste more time than it's worth. If he does have pickups, it is very easy for small boxes to get misplaced. It's unfortunate you had a bad first experience, but yours is the first I have heard of so far. 

Well, this helps to rectify the situation.  I received an email from Matt at Gravity Colors.  I had sent an email recapping the transaction much like the initial post in this thread.

Matt apologized as the transaction was just bad from the start and even though I have not received the product yet...HE REFUNDED THE ENTIRE ORDER INCLUDING THE SHIPPING! 

Granted the order was less than $60 with the discount but that, my friends, speaks VOLUMES for Gravity Colors and shows confidence and passion in the products they offer not to mention just GREAT customer service.

I'm impressed and will be back.

My first order from them, I had ordered several colors. But when they arrived the box was crushed and paint had leaked out all over the container. The USPS tagged the box for inspection due to the leakage so it was their fault. I sent an email requesting a replacement color for the broken one, not only did they ship the one bottle but he also sent me a new complete order of several bottles.

Nice paint and nice service, I'm going to order from them again

I know Mate of Gravity Colors personally.  He is a trust worthy vendor.  He will do what it takes to make the customer happy and he has a very good product.  Like all of us he gets quite busy but you should not have any doubts about buying  and getting your order.

Mate' is a great guy, very trustworthy and provides the BEST paint on the market in my humble opinion. I have had many behind the scenes conversations with him about paint colors ideas for the future as well as just overall customer service. HE is definitely a friendly in the model car world. I think your issue was isolated. Also regarding the crush bottles, he has recently switched to a far more durable bottle and I think the broken bottle thing is in the past..I never had the old bottles delivered cracked or damaged, but I did hear Mate tell me that it has happened to others.. I guess I was a lucky one. However I have received the new bottle lately and I think they fix that problem.. I have nothing but good to say about Mate Mayer and Gravity Paints, he is genuine.

~Ron

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered my first lot from Matt last month. Even though I mis-read the receipt that stated one of the colours was in back order - Matt still gave me a free bottle after I'd emailed him about the delay. Great customer service and will buy from him again. Paints are superb and his 2-part clear exceptional.

You can ask for him a custom special colors? Or you offerd him to make new colors? 

yes, you can ask for custom colors to be made. I have had it done a few times. One was a factory color that they have decided to add to their line of colors. A few others I sent him a color sample which he matched.

yes, you can ask for custom colors to be made. I have had it done a few times. One was a factory color that they have decided to add to their line of colors. A few others I sent him a color sample which he matched.

What exactly i need to send him? 

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone i am in Melbourne the first package was sent out on the 19th April it still says processing???????   messaged them nothing back waited a week messaged them again they responded with we will send it out again? NOTHING they are saying to get packages into Australia border security is holding it up it NOT ice people its bloody paint?

I am really worried about it as its was not a small order and took me 5 weeks to save up for all of it.

they just sent me another email today this is what they said.

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately we have a lot of issues with package sent to Australia. I have no idea why, but your Border Force office might have to do something with that.
Many Australian customers are telling us that Gravity Colors packages are being opened and examined by the Australian Border force. Our paints are in 1oz bottles and they are unrestricted for air transport, so I don’t get it why they examine and hold up our packages.

But anyway, we will send it out again as many times we have to in order to be received by you.

Thanks a lot again for your patience and support.

Matt.

look i will wait for it as spot model i was getting paint off them now they can't send a drop to australia stuff knows why.
i have no reason to not trust them but its over 2 months kind of worried. The message below is the first message they sent to me.

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your message.
Unfortunately our website’s tracking system is down since our website was compromised.
I am going to have your order send out again tomorrow as I don’t have any way of tracking your previous shipment.

So they where hacked they where saying but if my order went out before that there should be a tracking number at least. i will let you all no how i go.

I'm just across the ditch from Aussie and have had several of my paint orders opened by our Customs/ Border Control. There has never been an issue though.

They just drop a card inside to say it was them having a nosey and my paint has been sent on with no delay.

I was getting Zero paints off Spot Model in Spain but they wont ship to NZ any more I guess due to regulations being tightened at their end.

Edited by Roncla

I had the same issue Ordered May 28th web site kept saying "Pending" sent 2 emails no answer.

Had to get PayPal involved, they said they had shipped my order on June 2nd then they shipped it again with a tracking #

and I received it!

Over two weeks not to thrilled with the service, better be great paint. 

Just got an email back again from gravity paint and so EXCITED, I told them that i went to the model show and was talking to a number of guys there about there paint and said get onto it and order some stuff amazing paint reviews i told them look i have been building 24 years i know what to except from paint and winning this year i was so bloody happy, check me out  www.modelexpo.com.au when you go to the gallery its the blue bike i won with, they replied with this.

Hi Adam,

We are planning to make it big in Australia, we just have to figure out a perfect way to ship our products to Australia.
We are also talking to some people in your country to set up distributors so builders would be able to buy these items locally in Australia.

Thanks a lot for your offer. When packages get lost in transit we will always send it again for free. It’s not your fault that your package is getting lost in transit.
It’s a kind of collateral damage that our company writes off.

Thanks a lot,
Matt

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just curious about Gravity before I spend some time experimenting on paint colors / combos for some builds.  I purchased a decent assortment of paints last winter from them and was wondering if anyone has  purchased and received their orders from them in the last month or so.    I know the reviews on their colors and application have been fantastic, just curious if their shipping has improved.   Any shared experiences are appreciated.   cheers, tim

• 5 months later...

WARNING DONT MAKE ANY PURCHASES FROM “GRAVITY COLORS” until they clean up their business! I have had problem with them EVERY TRANSACTION WITH DELIVERY! As of 01.21.18 they stopped all communication? 

I filed with Paypal to recoup my recent $$. It’s Sad that such an Awesome Product is managed by poor business folks.....

I’ll post upon any further news, but I wouldn’t make any new orders...

respectfully,

Lee Barret