Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gravity Colors...anybody bought from them lately?

23 hours ago, Droneoutlaw said:

WARNING DONT MAKE ANY PURCHASES FROM “GRAVITY COLORS” until they clean up their business! I have had problem with them EVERY TRANSACTION WITH DELIVERY! As of 01.21.18 they stopped all communication? 

Oh!  I was definitely dealing with the NO - address GOT ME TOO!!!

2 hours ago, Quick GMC said:

or you guys that are having issues, just make sure you clarify that you are ordering from GravityColors.com, and not Gravity-Colors.com They are 2 companies. 

I would like to remind the folks that have posted issues to please provide updates as to when/if they receive their orders. There is a difference in receiving your order late (no matter how late) and not receiving it at all. Everyone that reads this thread can then determine if they are still willing to order from this vendor.

8 hours ago, Xingu said:

I would like to remind the folks that have posted issues to please provide updates as to when/if they receive their orders. There is a difference in receiving your order late (no matter how late) and not receiving it at all. Everyone that reads this thread can then determine if they are still willing to order from this vendor.

Thats a very good point to raise  Michael. Gravity have posted an explanation on their new Facebook page for the delays in processing orders which they say was them getting swamped with orders.

Mate states he has hired new employees to help with the work load and a couple of people I know have all  now received their orders.

I'm just about to place another order so we'll see what happens.

I ordered on December 27th and paid for Priority Shipping... as of February 3 despite multiple emails to their "Contact Us" section and filing a Paypal dispute which they also have not responded to I have received nothing from Gravity Colors. 

I searched on google and found this thread... have now contacted them through Facebook expressing my displeasure.  Will update if they contact me.

Regardless if the owner is a good guy or they are short staffed, this level of service is shameful.

Edited by 68style

17 hours ago, 68style said:

I ordered on December 27th and paid for Priority Shipping... as of February 3 despite multiple emails to their "Contact Us" section and filing a Paypal dispute which they also have not responded to I have received nothing from Gravity Colors. 

I searched on google and found this thread... have now contacted them through Facebook expressing my displeasure.  Will update if they contact me.

Regardless if the owner is a good guy or they are short staffed, this level of service is shameful.

I think it would be prudent for me to hold off on placing my next order then by the sound of this. 

Update to my order: I received a Facebook message saying my package would be sent out again today... and that the shipping cost would be refunded.

I'm confused by their use of the word "again" in that sentence, it was never sent out in the first place.  My order status has never changed from "In Process" so it's weird to imply that they already sent it somehow, unless that's just a mistake.  We will see if it actually does go out today or not.

Further update, I got a notice from Paypal that the seller provided a tracking#, no mention of the refunded shipping cost that was promised.

Also, the tracking# has now been a dead-end for 2 days, a shipping label has been created but there's been no pickup of a parcel of any sort.  It appears the tracking# may be a stall tactic to satisfy Paypal's investigation and buy time as it was about to be decided in my favour for a refund on February 9th.

** UPDATE ** I have now received my paints in good order... December 27 until February 17... and he never refunded the shipping cost to me as he promised to... but I'm not going to bother asking about that.  Seems like he is suffering enough right now.  I hope he sorts things out, can't wait to try my paints out... I guess if you are ordering from him, just expect a 2 month delivery time for the time being.

Edited by 68style

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been trying to get my first (and last) order with this company squared away since December. Judging from this and other forums, I’m not alone in my frustration. How do they expect to stay in business with this absolutely horrible customer service ? I don’t care how good their paint maybe, save yourself a ton of    aggravation and look elsewhere for you painting needs.

I guess I am the latest person to be aggravated by this company, its real frustrating when you work real hard on a project and you want to move forward.....

Then you get stalled or stopped in your tracks waiting for an item that will complete your project.

My journey includes almost 2 years of waiting. Still have $400+ USD worth of product owed to me. Over the last 6 months replies to emails take a month + to receive a response (and normally need to send multiple emails to get a reponse); then its just a request to keep being patient.....

Ive given up now, just come to accept Ive blown the $400. I realize this is my first post so Ive attached a screenshot of original order email to validate my story.

5a9b437221366_ScreenShot2018-03-04at10_46_06AM.png.b6534d2322f6d02c5f69c65a39d990e1.png

• 2 weeks later...

To give everyone my story...

I put in 2 orders on 11-1 and 11-3. Emailed for an update in late November, got a huge apology and resent orders. I received order #1, not order #2. Spent next 3(!) months trying to get an update, nothing. Then I saw their "Sorry for the delay" post on FB (which they have since deleted for some reason?) and decided to contact them on messenger (March 2nd). Spoke with Mate, who again was very apologetic. Told me he would get order out right away. I even place a third $135 order, which he said he would get out to me immediately, as well as refund order #2 and still send it. Fantastic! I even placed order #4 right away! Fast forward to today. Gravity is no longer on FB messenger. as I said above, apology post on FB has been deleted. I find these both VERY concerning, as I still have almost $200 tied up with them. I LOVE their product, and just want what I paid for. Both orders are still showing pending on their website. I have sent another email for an update. I will update when I hear back...

I have had the same as most..order Nov27 ‘17, nothing arrives had to sign up to Facebook to get a message to them, resent February 5th ‘18 and we are now at mid March?? It could be Canadian Customs as well, but for the small volumes of paint, they have been allowing shipping ok.

I wish I had read this thread before I ordered...may be a nice guy, but the business end is sorely lacking

Gravity Paint is a total ripoff.  I placed an order with them in early February and after 3 weeks of waiting I started emailing them.  They gave me some B.S, about their computer system having issues.  Kept after them and got on their Facebook page (which is now shutdown - I wonder why???) and now what these crooks are doing is ordering up bogus USPS shipping labels to make you think that that your order has been shipped, when in fact, nothing is actually happening.  I canceled my order and bought from Zero paints.  Hint to the wise - AVOID GRAVITY PAINTS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

On 2018-03-21 at 8:37 PM, jkroll1212 said:

So now the Gravity Colors FB page is gone, and apparently Mate's Facebook account is gone too. Not looking good...

Yes, something is up with this company  and it is not good.

Please don’t order from their website, you will get taken...or at least your money will

On 3/21/2018 at 11:37 PM, jkroll1212 said:

So now the Gravity Colors FB page is gone, and apparently Mate's Facebook account is gone too. Not looking good...

Not the first nor the last cottage industry hobby supplier to take people's money and disappear. Others have been well documented and some resurface with a new company, others just come on to forums like this and act like nothing happened.

Sure do hope those that are owed product either get it or their money back. I would think an inquiry at the post office or local PD might get the ball rolling......

As I understand it from comments made by him on a YouTube video, Gravity website sales will be put on hold April 1st so they can catch up on orders. I think this has turned into something much bigger than he expected. Hopefully he can get this sorted because as I understand it he has a great product that I would certainly like to try it some day.

4 hours ago, peter31a said:

As I understand it from comments made by him on a YouTube video, Gravity website sales will be put on hold April 1st so they can catch up on orders. I think this has turned into something much bigger than he expected. Hopefully he can get this sorted because as I understand it he has a great product that I would certainly like to try it some day.

Can you link the tube video??

They have cut off FB contacts now. The website contact is never replied to. 

He should stop taking orders ASAP and catch up. Why take orders you cannot fill??

They SHOULD have stopped orders in January, caught up on past orders, re-aligned the staffing needs and then started up fresh. Now he has pissed off a bunch of people