Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gravity Colors...anybody bought from them lately?

1 hour ago, crazyjim said:

Be nice to get the word over to Mate.  Maybe it would help him remove his head from where the sun don't shine.

Hard to believe he isn't aware of all of the discussion going on Jim. Business people who ignore the elephant in the room usually get what they deserve in the end, it's called karma. A simple email reply is all that is necessary- no long winded excuses, just a simple "I'm sorry it's been so long, I am working on getting caught up" and then ACTUALLY shipping the order.

Said it before- Don and Carol Holthaus had it right, orders are shipped in the order they are received, that way no one is left behind- and it should be the way a business is run.

58 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Hard to believe he isn't aware of all of the discussion going on Jim. Business people who ignore the elephant in the room usually get what they deserve in the end, it's called karma. A simple email reply is all that is necessary- no long winded excuses, just a simple "I'm sorry it's been so long, I am working on getting caught up" and then ACTUALLY shipping the order.

Said it before- Don and Carol Holthaus had it right, orders are shipped in the order they are received, that way no one is left behind- and it should be the way a business is run.

If he does read this,  all the solutions to his problems are right here. Basically a business 101 lecture.

First in, first out is a good start.

I honestly hope he can get things righted, I would love to see Gravity succeed, I would love to see Jameston get his ship righted and back to where he once was in the hobby, there is such a big demand for color matched paint that so many of us builders want.

Edited by martinfan5

14 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I honestly hope he can get things righted, I would love to see Gravity succeed, I would love to see Jameston get his ship righted and back to where he once was in the hobby, there is such a big demand for color matched paint that so many of us builders want.

What is the problem with Jameston? I have placed orders with him for several years, but lately, every couple weeks since last fall. They have all arrived 3-4 weeks from placing the order, including one custom order I emailed him about. Never had a problem with receiving orders, a couple times the color seemed off, a free replacement was sent shortly after contacting him. Sure in the beginning the turn around time was a few days and now it is a couple weeks, no big deal it always arrives.

5 hours ago, Mike Chernecki said:

What is the problem with Jameston? I have placed orders with him for several years, but lately, every couple weeks since last fall. They have all arrived 3-4 weeks from placing the order, including one custom order I emailed him about. Never had a problem with receiving orders, a couple times the color seemed off, a free replacement was sent shortly after contacting him. Sure in the beginning the turn around time was a few days and now it is a couple weeks, no big deal it always arrives.

For me, it all started back in Feb, I emailed to get some colors mixed up for me, two weeks went by and I didnt hear back from him, he sent out the news letter, so I replied to that and finally got a hold of him, fast forward to the 9th of March and I paid for paints,  and then two weeks went by and nothing, so I emailed him to find out what was going on , and never heard back from him.  What upset me is a friend of mine order paint on the say day , 9th, he emailed him about three days ago and got a reply from him in less than an hour.

I knowing there was some issues, I used a secondary email address , but who knows if he got them.

I finally to get his attention filed a Paypal claim, which I am sure upset him but I had no idea what was going on,   and I gotta protect my money , simple as that. 

At this moment I am not sure if he is still sponsoring my Youtube channel  ,  I am very sadden by all this, Jameston has always done me right and never once have things been like this.

But like he told my buddy, his paint database got wiped out and why there was a delay getting orders out, which I completely understand , but it would of been nice if he would of let me know the on the first email I sent , I would of been happy to of waited for him to get things sorted and his data base back.

Edited by martinfan5

My order was placed back in Jan. and was also caught up in the delivery delay. Matt did get back to me let me know that he was going to get this corrected and it looks like he's on the proper track. I just received an email from Matt and tracking info from USPS, stating that my package is on the way.

I will buy again from Gravity -- glad things are being worked out.

21 hours ago, crazyjim said:

So why bother wasting your time?  Go and order some Tru-Color paint.

Yes, we get it, you like that paint line.  It may work fine for someone who wants to stick within the paint lines of domestic manufacturers from the 50s-70s, but there isn't a single color there that's applicable for any foreign car, nor any racing specific paint colors.  Tru-Color is also not even remotely the same kind of paint as Gravity.  Part of the reason Gravity is so popular is how deep the line is in MODERN colors, especially in Porsche, Ferrari & Lamborghini colors, plus a broad range for modern racing applications.

• 3 weeks later...

the gravitycolors.com vs gravity-colors.com (PLEASE NOTE THE DASH - - - ) is a real huge difference. I ordered from gravitycolors.com (no dash) and my orders were always late, took weeks and weeks and I never received any responses or updates to my emails. I have since made several orders through gravity-colors.com and my orders are always shipped out really fast and from Europe to the USA. Furthermore, if I ever need any help, the website has a great chat option when I can speak to their customer service representative immediately and they are super responsive. I have never had any issues with my orders. I fully recommend you guys order from gravity-colors.com and not the other one. 

5 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

Why waste time and money?  I found that I can get Tru-color paint from Arizona Hobby.  Order arrived in 4 or 5 days.  No problems.  No hassle.  Great communication.

Well, good for you.

1 hour ago, 1calilow said:

I placed an order on January 22nd. I also have placed several emails to them as well . They responded for a little while then stoped altogether. I am still waiting for a response from Matte. 

Hi,

Try there FaceBook page as that seems to be very public facing.

He is supposed to be getting his operation smoothed out but if the shipping is the same, seems like the European operation may be better for future purchases as there paint is, well, great stuff.

I have used Facebook and messenger. He responded the next day for an order placed a couple of years ago on messenger. 

Let me say that I like the product. I have been buying it since 2016.

18 hours ago, aurfalien said:

Hi,

Try there FaceBook page as that seems to be very public facing.

He is supposed to be getting his operation smoothed out but if the shipping is the same, seems like the European operation may be better for future purchases as there paint is, well, great stuff.