Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gravity Colors...anybody bought from them lately?

On 4/16/2018 at 4:43 PM, IceMan Collections said:

Splash Paint people ARE Gravity colors people. :unsure:

No we are not their people.  We like to do real business with customers.  I find that very misleading.

On 4/16/2018 at 4:45 PM, Xingu said:

It's my understanding that they just use the same supplier.

No, we have different suppliers.

Edited by Samuel S

13 hours ago, Samuel S said:

No we are not their people.  We like to do real business with customers.  I find that very misleading.

I appreciate that you'd want to keep that straight, but at the same time plenty of us have done real business with Gravity and have the paint to prove it.  You might wanna slow that sanctimonious roll down a bit considering that pretty much the only reason Splash exists is because of the hole Mate dug himself into and your trying to capitalize on his misstep to try to peel off his customer base.

8 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I appreciate that you'd want to keep that straight, but at the same time plenty of us have done real business with Gravity and have the paint to prove it.  You might wanna slow that sanctimonious roll down a bit considering that pretty much the only reason Splash exists is because of the hole Mate dug himself into and your trying to capitalize on his misstep to try to peel off his customer base.

Well that’s how competition is born.  What I don’t appreciate is him not being transparent.  If he wants to build a loyal fan base, he needs to mature and learn how to treat potential customers. He said himself that he’s young, so maybe it’s the lack of experience but so far I’m not impressed even a little bit.  If I have to choose from these two, I’ll stick with Gravity Colors. 

10 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Well, I can tell you that people that waited months for their order wouldn't be returning anytime soon because he is the one that decided to take his own credibility down by spreading misinformation and not being upfront with the customers.

2 hours ago, Samuel S said:

Well, I can tell you that people that waited months for their order wouldn't be returning anytime soon because he is the one that decided to take his own credibility down by spreading misinformation and not being upfront with the customers.

Nothing wrong with picking up the ball someone else dropped and running with it. That is good business.

Take the high road and don't get baited into arguments on the internet even though you are dead right

Make good paint, be reliable in orders and communication and your company will do fine.

I sent Splash a email question on Saturday and got a reply about 2 hrs later which impressed me as I thought maybe Monday I would hear back.  I then placed an order on Sunday and later that day got a shipping number and on Monday looked up and found its been shipped.  I am sure he is trying real hard to win some people over to his paints but putting orders together on Sunday is pretty cool.  I have been a big fan of Gravity but like a lot of people I have an order pending for several months, to bad because I really like his paints. I can't wait to get the paints to try them out, I hope they are as good as Gravity.  I always liked Zero Paints but they are a really hot paint and when Gravity came along they totally turned me on as their paint laid down very smooth and they are not as hot.

44 minutes ago, ACR-E Doug said:

I sent Splash a email question on Saturday and got a reply about 2 hrs later which impressed me as I thought maybe Monday I would hear back.  I then placed an order on Sunday and later that day got a shipping number and on Monday looked up and found its been shipped.  I am sure he is trying real hard to win some people over to his paints but putting orders together on Sunday is pretty cool.  I have been a big fan of Gravity but like a lot of people I have an order pending for several months, to bad because I really like his paints. I can't wait to get the paints to try them out, I hope they are as good as Gravity.  I always liked Zero Paints but they are a really hot paint and when Gravity came along they totally turned me on as their paint laid down very smooth and they are not as hot.

Please keep us posted how you like the Splash stuff.

We are in the same Gravity boat it sounds like.Do a PayPal dispute, that gets attention from Gravity.

9 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Nothing wrong with picking up the ball someone else dropped and running with it. That is good business.

Take the high road and don't get baited into arguments on the internet even though you are dead right

Make good paint, be reliable in orders and communication and your company will do fine.

Of course.  Customer service satisfaction is always and should be the number 1 priority.  Dramas are always must void for me. Keep my mouth shut, dominate humbly. 

1 hour ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Please keep us posted how you like the Splash stuff.

We are in the same Gravity boat it sounds like.Do a PayPal dispute, that gets attention from Gravity.

I have a testimony by a Canadian customer here.

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Ordered the 7th. Shipped the 8th. Arrived about an hour ago.

20180510_132335.thumb.jpg.7f3c9e591af5c79ea83af6174099cae7.jpg

Might wanna re-check those plans for domination...

Hey, good for you, but that is far from the norm when dealing with that company.

I ordered on the 27th of November 2017 and got it April 3, 2018....after much hassle, unreturned messages and unfulfilled promises.

Nothing extra, no free bottle and no shipping refunded. Order did not get shipped until I got his attention with a pay pal complaint.

I dont think you should be so smug with your post as Gravity has proven incredibly unreliable as a company in order taking, shipping and communications.

Not sure I want to trust them again with my business no matter what their paint is like.

Wow my order was placed in March and still have not received it, and I've sent an email last week and have heard nothing. I'm surprised you were able to order paint because his web sight says that they are not taking orders right now until they catch up.  Glad you got your order, I just got my order from Splash today and it only took 3 days. 

13 hours ago, ACR-E Doug said:

If and I mean if they are taking orders again then why have they not finished shipping out all the orders they have.  The web sight said they stopped orders until they get caught up.

Mine has been since feb 8th. Guess if your good buddys with them all is good. I guess the rest are suppose to do with out the money or product.

I ordered my first batch of their paint (10 bottles, #GC-9112) on 11 October 2017 and I still haven't received anything.  I've exchanged emails with 'Matt' several times over the 6 months but he hasn't responded most of the times.  I asked for a shipping number to track the order but he hasn't, twice.  He has offered my money (PayPal - USD$104.22) if my package doesn't arrive, but it hasn't and he's ignored my recent emails.  I'm lucky I printed my order before he/they cancelled my original account and order so I'm off to PayPal but I don't expect much as I've left it too late, I think.  Obviously they won't get another cent from me again as other Australians have received some orders and others didn't.  Another unhappy 'customer'.  If anyone wants to confirm who I am are more welcome to contact me through here.  Regards,

Gary.

5 minutes ago, garybrook said:

I ordered my first batch of their paint (10 bottles, #GC-9112) on 11 October 2017 and I still haven't received anything.  I've exchanged emails with 'Matt' several times over the 6 months but he hasn't responded most of the times.  I asked for a shipping number to track the order but he hasn't, twice.  He has offered my money (PayPal - USD$104.22) if my package doesn't arrive, but it hasn't and he's ignored my recent emails.  I'm lucky I printed my order before he/they cancelled my original account and order so I'm off to PayPal but I don't expect much as I've left it too late, I think.  Obviously they won't get another cent from me again as other Australians have received some orders and others didn't.  Another unhappy 'customer'.  If anyone wants to confirm who I am are more welcome to contact me through here.  Regards,

Gary.

Hi,

This is very unfortunate and seems to tarnish the Gravity Colors brand as it started in Europe.  There paint is great so for future orders I'd suggest perusing there site to get paints;

www.gravity-colors.com (and not www.gravitycolors.com).

I've had good luck with PayPal as I have with credit card disputes in general.  So hopefully you get a resolution.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like these paints, however myself and a buddy of mine have had some of the same issues that others have had here! This is ridiculous! 

I had finally heard from them after over a week and was just figuring that I was going to have to contact PP and ask for a refund, I was then contacted and Mate I think it was said his site had been hacked and he had not been recieving his emails or orders. Something along those lines. This was last year when I had placed my order. I really loved the paint though and reccommended it to a friend. Well lo and behold my friend ordered some paint and here we go again! 3 weeks no reply, and he has now contacted PP to request a refund! 

This is very sad because this is awesome paint! But there seems to be a great mismanagement going on here with this company. Something is very wrong here because seeing these issues some of the same I have experienced, and now a year later my friend is experiencing the same thing!

1 hour ago, SfanGoch said:

If the site was allegedly hacked and he hadn't been receiving emails and orders, how does he explain customers' credit card charges during that period? My cat could come up with a more credible story.

How does a hacked website come out with new colors? ;)

28 minutes ago, Samuel S said:

How does a hacked website come out with new colors? ;)

Or take orders but not inquires...hmmm sounds fishy, ya <_<

2 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

If the site was allegedly hacked and he hadn't been receiving emails and orders, how does he explain customers' credit card charges during that period? My cat could come up with a more credible story.

THAT is freaking hilarious :lol:

and true