Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gravity Colors...anybody bought from them lately?

On 5/10/2018 at 1:56 PM, niteowl7710 said:

Ordered the 7th. Shipped the 8th. Arrived about an hour ago.

20180510_132335.thumb.jpg.7f3c9e591af5c79ea83af6174099cae7.jpg

Might wanna re-check those plans for domination...

finally had to make the pay pal  request.  i guess you guys have a special friendship going on.

• 3 weeks later...

I see that Gravity Colors posted that they are taking orders again starting June 1, are people getting orders that have been on order for awhile?  I'm still waiting for a order from March and like everyone else I've sent e-mails and have never heard a word back.  I really would like to support Matt because he was always good to me in the past, but its getting harder to be a supporter.  I still say he has the best paint for our hobby although Splash Paints are very good also, but for me he lacks the colors I need the most.

On 5/23/2018 at 9:30 AM, SfanGoch said:

If the site was allegedly hacked and he hadn't been receiving emails and orders, how does he explain customers' credit card charges during that period? My cat could come up with a more credible story.

On 5/23/2018 at 11:30 AM, Samuel S said:

How does a hacked website come out with new colors? ;)

On 5/23/2018 at 12:01 PM, Twokidsnosleep said:

Or take orders but not inquires...hmmm sounds fishy, ya <_<

THAT is freaking hilarious :lol:

and true

Amen!!! Waiting since January.

14 hours ago, Mike Chernecki said:

I placed an order Friday afternoon and it shipped Friday evening. It cleared Canadian customs on Monday morning and I will have it tomorrow. I have never had a problem with Gravity Colors.

.....until you do. You have either got lucky or he has changed his ways.

Ask the numerous who still have outstanding orders for months how they feel.

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

I let you know the message received by Gravity Colors Europe about many shipping problems of Gravity Colors USA......be aware!

Dear Eric,
Gravity Colors USA was our American distributor until September, when we broke our contract of collaboration, among other issues, because his very bad customer service. 90% of the messages received at our Facebook were complaints about customers that didn't received their orders, and we detected that he used to give fake tracking numbers, so for us it is unacceptable that part of our company has such way of doing thins. He violated all the basic rules that we required him to collaborate with us. Now he is running his business using our brand without permission. 
Your order will be shipped out tomorrow. We will send you a DHL tracking number. The delivery is expected for three or four working days. Anyway, DHL, the next day that they pick up the order, gives you the expected delivery date. 
Thanks for your trust in us. 
Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My order (pretty big) is still "processing" after more than a month. Sent multiple emails with no response. Pretty disappointing since I hear its good stuff and the color selection is great. Interestingly enough he must have time to update his website with new colors but no time to actually "process" those orders or even answer emails. Im giving my order another week, before I pull the plug on it. I placed an order with Splash and I had it in days. I couldn't be happier with them, I was shocked when I opened the package and found MORE than I ordered. I can't wait to spray some down tomorrow. I just wish I would have known about Splash sooner. I know where my next orders will be placed.

33 minutes ago, crowe-t said:

Can you choose the color for the free bottle of paint?

Yes, the gift card has a code on it, you put it in the coupon spot at check out and it deducts the cost of 1 bottle of paint from your total.

I don't care about a gift card, I would just like to get my paint that has been on order 4 months.  I don't understand how some people are ordering paint and now getting it in a week or so and yet others have been waiting for months.  I wish he would respond to what is going on like he did early this year.  I have ordered from him many times over the last several years and had great service until this last order.

On 7/17/2018 at 3:17 PM, ACR-E Doug said:

I don't care about a gift card, I would just like to get my paint that has been on order 4 months.  I don't understand how some people are ordering paint and now getting it in a week or so and yet others have been waiting for months.  I wish he would respond to what is going on like he did early this year.  I have ordered from him many times over the last several years and had great service until this last order.

If you're still waiting for an order I'd contact paypal or your CC and put a claim in for a refund. I like Mate's product a lot , but his CC is not good right now. If he's not getting messages a refund request will get to him for sure then. 

Edited by Jhedir6

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered on June  27th for the first time. The order was for $41+. Emailed the next day for the free bottle of paint for first time buyers. No response. A week later I googled Gravity and  I found myself talking live with someone in Spain who is (was) apparently the parent company. This very polite person with excellent English explained to me that gravity USA is no longer associated with them because of their bad marketing habits and that they ship to the US by DHL and it takes only a few days to get my order. I told him first I must get my money back.  After that I did  some searching on the internet and confirmed all that he said. After many more unanswered emails I filed for a return with paypal and got my money back on July 29th. If I order from Spain I will let you know how it went. Right now I'm a little gunshy as I got burned before from other suppliers. 

I'm still waiting after about 2 months. Sent many emails and got zero responses. I eventually filed a complaint with Paypal a little over a week ago. My order changed from "Processing" to "On Hold" the next day so he obviously got the message. Unfortunately his poor business practices didn't end there, he still has not refunded my money. I have tried to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and make things right multiple times, but nothing changed. I speculate the problem is simply stock. I believe he only keeps the most common colors in his inventory. This would explain why some people get orders filled in a respectable amount of time, yet myself and others do not. For reasons unknown to me he advertises on his site a ton of different colors that he could in theory "get". Unfortunately it seems like if you order one of these colors you simply get bumped into the "processing" pile until he feels like he has enough people to make this color "profitable". This poor business practice will eventually be the end of Gravity USA. There's a reason why the 2 Gravitys split up, ones an honest company and the other was dumped for poor business practices, which he still practices. At this point I've written off Gravity USA as a loss and who knows if even Paypal can right this wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know my recent experience with Gravity USA(Fla.) -- placed order on Thurs., Aug. 9th , received order acknowlegment on the evening of Aug. 9th; received shipment tracking info on Friday, Aug. 10th., received order today, Aug. 13th. Also received a free bottle of paint with order. 

So from my recent experience, seems like Matt has straightened out the prior issues that he was having. I will definetly continue to support Gravity. He has a great product.

I'm glad you got your paint Albert. I purchased Gravity paints before these issues started cropping up. Liked the paint but the last order I placed, Mate told me that the post office was having issues. Label was printed but paint hadn't been shipped. Finally got the paint but that was my last order. At the IPMS Nationals I ran into two people that have been waiting over 3 weeks for an order with no communication. I've ordered from Splash Paints, Upscale Hobbies and HobbyworldUSA. Great communication. Email acknowledgement of the orders.  Orders shipped the next day with tracking. 

Can't believe everything I am hearing but it's true, I constantly hear the same complaints about people not getting their paints. I've tried contacting Mate through the FB messenger which is how we usually talked but have not had any luck lately. It was through me that he was able to advertise in the magazine, wish he would remember that but obviously he is not giving a BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH. He messed up somewhere along the road....