[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
BDSchindler

Gravity Colors...anybody bought from them lately?

11 hours ago, lambrakos said:

If I try splash and zero paints i will post them also.

Gravity Colours (Spain) and Zero colours use the Lechler paint system http://www.lechler.eu/en/, so technically there the same paint.

16 hours ago, peteski said:

I'm surprised that flammable materials (paint) was shipped via international airmail.  Post office makes a big deal about shipping flammable materials, even domestically.

The carrier was DHL. USPS was not involved at all. Don't know if that makes a difference. 

On 10/4/2018 at 3:33 PM, lambrakos said:

The carrier was DHL. USPS was not involved at all. Don't know if that makes a difference. 

The issue here is that flammable chemicals are usually forbidden on airplanes (for what I think are obvious reasons).  But maybe if the shipping company owns their own transport airplanes, they make their own rules.

So, has this guy folded? Hope everyone got their money back. Websites up, now want to be called by phone. 

On 2018-10-05 at 6:01 PM, peteski said:

The issue here is that flammable chemicals are usually forbidden on airplanes (for what I think are obvious reasons).  But maybe if the shipping company owns their own transport airplanes, they make their own rules.

I think the jet fuel is gonna go boom long before the 4 oz of paint in the box in the cargo hold. The restrictions are moronic. If they want to ban flammable items on an airplane why not take the alcohol off? Oh wait....they can't....people would lose their $%*# if they couldn't drink. It's just some dumb regulation that some paper pusher put into place to make the sheep feel safer. I''m thinking the 30000lbs of jet fuel is way more dangerous to air travel than paint or booze or hairspray could ever be. Limiting the amount that you can ship, sure I get that, but banning it completely? No, makes no sense to me.

Edited by Jhedir6

48 minutes ago, chester said:

So, has this guy folded? Hope everyone got their money back. Websites up, now want to be called by phone. 

Last I heard is he's still shipping and still taking orders though I don't know how fast his service is anymore, and he just uploaded some new colours at the end of last week. I've not ordered anything in months and have been very reluctant to since he no longer communicates or if he does it's very slow. I love his paint. I just don't want to take the risk anymore.

1 hour ago, Jhedir6 said:

I think the jet fuel is gonna go boom long before the 4 oz of paint in the box in the cargo hold. The restrictions are moronic. If they want to ban flammable items on an airplane why not take the alcohol off? Oh wait....they can't....people would lose their $%*# if they couldn't drink. It's just some dumb regulation that some paper pusher put into place to make the sheep feel safer. I''m thinking the 30000lbs of jet fuel is way more dangerous to air travel than paint or booze or hairspray could ever be. Limiting the amount that you can ship, sure I get that, but banning it completely? No, makes no sense to me.

Think about it: Maybe not so moronic?  Jet fuel is not very volatile and it is well contained within the fuel tank and fuel system of the airplane. The aircraft is designed to safely hold that flammable liquid. I think the worry is that a flammable material in the cargo or baggage hold of the aircraft might catch on fire, and do enough damage to take down the aircraft.  Same with the Lithium Ion batteries (which can catch on fire).

Ordered on the 4th of this month. Nothing for the last 6 days so I put in a PayPal dispute and within 30 minutes [mostly reading this thread] BAM! Tracking and order fulfillment.

Sketchy to say the least.

First and last for me regardless of how good it is.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, Dragline said:

Ordered on the 4th of this month. Nothing for the last 6 days so I put in a PayPal dispute and within 30 minutes [mostly reading this thread] BAM! Tracking and order fulfillment.

Sketchy to say the least.

First and last for me regardless of how good it is.

I read all this info first and decided to give this a try. I ordered sept. 19 and waited till early November before calling the help line and e-mailing to find out what the problem was. got zero response. on nov. 12, I put in a complaint with paypal, and voilla!! 30 minutes later order was complete and paint tracking # was issued. received order today 11/15 and he included a free bottle of paint with 3 nice pipettes, and a coupon for another free bottle with my next order,which will never happen. Im going to try splash paint next time I need some as It looks like they have all the good colors and will mix colors for you if they don't stock them. Plus if I find I need gravity paint I will order it from Spain like everyone else is doing.  

On November 15, 2018 at 6:12 PM, videocast said:

I read all this info first and decided to give this a try. I ordered sept. 19 and waited till early November before calling the help line and e-mailing to find out what the problem was. got zero response. on nov. 12, I put in a complaint with paypal, and voilla!! 30 minutes later order was complete and paint tracking # was issued. received order today 11/15 and he included a free bottle of paint with 3 nice pipettes, and a coupon for another free bottle with my next order,which will never happen. Im going to try splash paint next time I need some as It looks like they have all the good colors and will mix colors for you if they don't stock them. Plus if I find I need gravity paint I will order it from Spain like everyone else is doing.  

Yes and yes...Splash and Spain.

Me too

I placed my first order with Gravity Spain last week. It was shipped four hours after placing the order last Thursday and arrived all the way down here in NZ on Monday morning.

In my order was a box of Ferrari Rosso F1 and when I scan that box with my phone it takes me to the Gravity America website which I thought was odd with the apparent bad blood between them.

I presume its just old stock from back when the two were connected.

IMG_0435.jpeg

IMG_0434.jpeg