Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gravity Colors...anybody bought from them lately?

I Was defending Gravity USA when this whole thing started, but the shipping delays, and everything else, and now this, It's a deal breaker. This is not how you save face. More time should be spent on getting your logistics in order rather than trying to convince people you're not at fault for anything. 

On 2019-03-07 at 11:30 AM, Quick GMC said:

I Was defending Gravity USA when this whole thing started, but the shipping delays, and everything else, and now this, It's a deal breaker. This is not how you save face. More time should be spent on getting your logistics in order rather than trying to convince people you're not at fault for anything. 

Very well stated. Clean your own house before throwing shite at someone else’s

• 3 weeks later...

I see that they are not taking orders again until they get caught up on orders.  I know last year he did this, and  after that I did get my order fairly quick after that. I  have been afraid to order after last summer after hearing of more problems.

I also received an email from them stating, that there had been collusion after splitting with their parent company in Europe, but now things are back to normal, provided they don't have another Class 4 Hurricane.

Edited by Dogfish_7

• 3 weeks later...

THIS PLACE STILL AROUND EVEN.........I placed an order  Feb 4th....still dont have my order...no return phone calls...left several messages.....there is no way to email them either.....not on the website anyway.  phones calls go straight to voice mail......They had no problem taking my money from my PayPal account ASAP.......   AT this point I just want a refund so I can get my paint from someplace else so I can at least get my stuff painted.

Bummer seems as though they had nice colors

1 hour ago, Davewilly said:

THIS PLACE STILL AROUND EVEN.........I placed an order  Feb 4th....still dont have my order...no return phone calls...left several messages.....there is no way to email them either.....not on the website anyway.  phones calls go straight to voice mail......They had no problem taking my money from my PayPal account ASAP.......   AT this point I just want a refund so I can get my paint from someplace else so I can at least get my stuff painted.

Bummer seems as though they had nice colors

DO a paypal complaint ASAP!!!!. It is easy. That either gets his attention and he sends stuff out or you get your money back

Don't believe any more BS excuses or delays....you get your order now or money back

Do the Paypal complaint immediately!!  From what I read in previous posts, the best way to order Gravity paint is through the original in Spain.  I prefer HOK and Tru-Color paints anyway.  HOK gets ordered from Coast Airbrush and Tru-Color I order through Arizona Hobbies.  Never a problem with either.

19 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

DO a paypal complaint ASAP!!!!. It is easy. That either gets his attention and he sends stuff out or you get your money back

Don't believe any more BS excuses or delays....you get your order now or money back

17 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Do the Paypal complaint immediately!!  From what I read in previous posts, the best way to order Gravity paint is through the original in Spain.  I prefer HOK and Tru-Color paints anyway.  HOK gets ordered from Coast Airbrush and Tru-Color I order through Arizona Hobbies.  Never a problem with either.

Thanks guys I will do that.

Jim:  thanks for the info for some other outlets on paint as well

FOLLOW UP:

I received an email just now from Paypal siding with me on the dispute and they are refunding me my money for my purchase that I have yet to receive.

I hope they get things sorted out over at Gravity Colors USA I do like they offerings they have...but it doesnt do me any good if I cant get my paints....But I guess I can now order some from someplace else to get my stuff finished with some new colors other than what I have already on my shelf.

Hi,

I thought to chime in about Gravity Colors paints.  They are sold on 2 different web sites based in 2 different continents.

https://gravity-colors.com

Based in Europe/Spain and the originator of the paints.  Seems to have excellent customer service and no issues fulfilling orders.

https://www.gravitycolors.com

Based in USA/Florida and had at one point been affiliated with the European office.  Seems to have very poor customer service and serious issues fulfilling orders.

The USA website has a slightly better design and flow to it as well as better search capabilities.

However if you want these awesome paints as I've used them, I'd suggest buying via the European web site.

This has been brought up before but I thought some may find it helpful.

Edited by aurfalien

2 hours ago, aurfalien said:

Hi,

I thought to chime in about Gravity Colors paints.  They are sold on 2 different web sites based in 2 different continents.

https://gravity-colors.com

Based in Europe/Spain and the originator of the paints.  Seems to have excellent customer service and no issues fulfilling orders.

https://www.gravitycolors.com

Based in USA/Florida and had at one point been affiliated with the European office.  Seems to have very poor customer service and serious issues fulfilling orders.

The USA website has a slightly better design and flow to it as well as better search capabilities.

However if you want these awesome paints as I've used them, I'd suggest buying via the European web site.

This has been brought up before but I thought some may find it helpful.

I bought from the European site several times and I can confirm that both products and customer service are excellent indeed. 

Btw, I used Pontiac Verdoro Green from them on my last build:

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, VRM said:

Well, add me to the list.  Ordered on March 2, ended up filing with Paypal and got my money refunded today.  Time to try Splash paints.

Well, take a look at gravty-colors.com which is Europe.

I did some price comparison between Splash Paints and Gravity Colors Europe which to me look very very very similar paint.  I'd say the same but left some wiggle room.

gravity-colors.com

Ferrari Blu Corsa, $5.70

Ferrari Rosso Fiorano $5.70

Shipping to Charleston $11.51

Total $22.91

splash-paints.com

Ferrari Blu Corsa, $7.99

Ferrari Rosso Fiorano $6.99

Shipping to Charleston $8.00

Total $22.98

However Splash Paints offers free shipping in the US for orders of $99. 

13 bottles @$5.70 of Gravity Colors Europe with shipping of $24.17 = $98.22

13 bottles @$7.99 of Splash Paints with free shipping = $103.87

Anyways, just running some numbers.

You guys need to try Tru-Color paints that can be had from Arizona Hobbies.  The guy, I forget his name, works out of his house and works for the railroad during the day.  You AZ folks might be able to pick up and save shipping charges.

3 hours ago, crazyjim said:

You guys need to try Tru-Color paints that can be had from Arizona Hobbies.  The guy, I forget his name, works out of his house and works for the railroad during the day.  You AZ folks might be able to pick up and save shipping charges.

What sort of primer would you suggest to match with there paints?

• 1 month later...
On 18/5/2019 at 10:16 PM, aurfalien said:

Well, take a look at gravty-colors.com which is Europe.

I did some price comparison between Splash Paints and Gravity Colors Europe which to me look very very very similar paint.  I'd say the same but left some wiggle room.

gravity-colors.com

Ferrari Blu Corsa, $5.70

Ferrari Rosso Fiorano $5.70

Shipping to Charleston $11.51

Total $22.91

splash-paints.com

Ferrari Blu Corsa, $7.99

Ferrari Rosso Fiorano $6.99

Shipping to Charleston $8.00

Total $22.98

However Splash Paints offers free shipping in the US for orders of $99. 

13 bottles @$5.70 of Gravity Colors Europe with shipping of $24.17 = $98.22

13 bottles @$7.99 of Splash Paints with free shipping = $103.87

Anyways, just running some numbers.

Very Interesting comparison. I did something similar. It is not complete, because I didn't compared orders with 2k clear coats or polishing compounds.

Sin título-1.jpg

Edited by AntonioFC

• 1 month later...

After waiting 10 days for my order and reading all these posts, I went through PayPal and told them I have not received my order. Within a few minutes I received an email with a  tracking number, however a whole day went by and the tracking number still shows no movement, waiting to be picked up I think is what it said. I know there is a hurricane coming towards Florida but it's not there yet, should be able to have the order picked up. If nothing in another week I'll contact PayPal again. I'd like to have the paint but won't keep waiting too long.

I can now put an end to this story. Started out with the tracking number telling me when I would get the package, and I actually got it a day early, BUT........when I opened it up it was someone else's order so I emailed Gravity and they called me the next day and apologized and explained that they accidentally switched labels, so he said he'd resend my order with some freebies to make up for the mistake, along with the proper label so I could send the other guys paint to him. So the new order came today along with 2 free bottles and a shipping label to send the other guy's order. So overall I'm satisfied even though it was a lot of extra drama to get my paint. As for whether I'd order again, I can't say for sure but probably would give him another try at some point, but I will say Splash colors give better service and are a good product. But gravity is also a real good product.  

As a side note, I had the phone number for the guy who's order I received so I called him and he said he had been waiting a pretty long time for his order and I don't quite understand how if they switched labels why he did not get my order.........Something doesn't quite add up. So I guess take it as you please and use your own judgement whether to order from them.