Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 911 Evolution

First 911 I drove was a '72 S, slightly lowered. After spending a fair proportion of my youth in hot-rod Bugs, Corvairs and the 356 series, it was like dying and going to heaven. THIS was the car I'd been waiting for all my life.

Fast forward to the 930 Turbo. Same thing all over again. Then a wide-body Turbo Speedster conversion. Holy cow. All I'd come to love, brutal power, and wind-in the-face.

I recently had the good fortune to drive a Singer reincarnation of the venerable old 911. For me, it's simply the perfect car. Now, if I could only afford one.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

First 911 I drove was a '72 S, slightly lowered. After spending a fair proportion of my youth in hot-rod Bugs, Corvairs and the 356 series, it was like dying and going to heaven. THIS was the car I'd been waiting for all my life.

Fast forward to the 930 Turbo. Same thing all over again. Then a wide-body Turbo Speedster conversion. Holy cow. All I'd come to love, brutal power, and wind-in the-face.

I recently had the good fortune to drive a Singer reincarnation of the venerable old 911. For me, it's simply the perfect car. Now, if I could only afford one.

I LOVE this car!!!