Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Merc mild Kustom

tabsscale1

Thanks Todd, I just checked out their website.  I guess if I order from them I'll have to use Spaz Stix to chrome the grille & bumpers.  I don't have an airbrush for Alclad or the Alclad spray.

That is the only problem with their stuff you either have to send it off to be chromed or do alclad or Spaxtic. Going to try something on mine using JNJ powders and gloss black seen it done and it looked like chrome.

These cars made great customs. Are you going tutone or staying solid ? Is this a curbside or does it have an open hood?  

The hood is open needs AMT 56 Ford kit to Finish I glued the hood shut as I I just wanted to do a curbside. It will be tutone want to do the one in the picture

400px-Larry-watson-1956-mercury-unknown.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been working on this again Since the Bumpers aren't chrome I painted them with AlcladII I have the front one done. I also got the body taped off and painted. I have a few places that need to be fixed, once that is done I will clear coat it.

• 5 months later...

Your build looks fantastic. You mentioned using Alclad paint for the bumpers. I have also been using their paint but have a problem with the "chrome" coming off the bumpers when I handle them to mount to the model. Is there a clear to put over it or is there something else that you do ?    

Your build looks fantastic. You mentioned using Alclad paint for the bumpers. I have also been using their paint but have a problem with the "chrome" coming off the bumpers when I handle them to mount to the model. Is there a clear to put over it or is there something else that you do ?    

no I had the same problem stripped them and shot the alclad  when the black was slightly tacky. I then set them to the side for a couple weeks