Model Cars Magazine Forum

Western Star engine?

I think your all wrong with all due respect, That engine is a CATERPILLAR 3406-A model. See the long fuel pump shaft that extends from the camshaft/pump drive gears to the fuel pump? Paint it white instead of CAT yellow and you'll have yourself a marine application A model.

Please don't say its a Marcedes Benz ;)

Edited by markoneshot10
spell correction

I think your all wrong with all due respect, That engine is a CATERPILLAR 3406-A model. See the long fuel pump shaft that extends from the camshaft/pump drive gears to the fuel pump? Paint it white instead of CAT yellow and you'll have yourself a marine application A model.

Please don't say its a Marcedes Benz ;)

the fuel pump is on the left side on a cat....but thats no CAT.

To my knowledge Italeri has never done any Cat engine, for US trucks the engines are Cummins NTC 400 (even tho' they wants us to believe it's a N14 sometimes) or Detroit Diesel Series 60, and this is the Cummins.

Edited by Force

Yes but the Cat 3406A, B and C has one long cylinder head for all six cylinders with two valve covers, and the 3406 got three valve covers with the E model, same as the C15.
The Cummins 855 series NHC, NTA,  NTC, N14 has three cylinder heads (one cylinder head per two cylinders) and three valve covers.

Edited by Force