Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mobius '61 Ventura, What it "Should" Look Like!

I'm more than sure you could. When I was eyeballing the site back in October '14, trying to join (long story), seeing your work here was what impressed me the most.

I appreciate that Kevin!

When I joined a few years ago, I never really thought my builds would impress anybody all that much!

After seeing some of the work on the forum, I thought it would be fun but didn't really know how much I could contribute with some of the "Master" members around here.

I was just a small town, self taught, just for fun modeler who never belonged to a club, went to a show, or entered a contest in my life.

To be honest, my real "knowledge" of cars in detail is limited.

Oh sure, I've turned a few wrenches, but only in the "shade tree" sense.

I still have issues occasionally with details here & there as far as accuracy goes, but with the wealth of information on the net, & of course, on this forum, it's getting better.

So in short, to hear the compliments from other members like you makes me blush a bit, but it is heartening at the same time.

It really gives me the drive I need to continue on & strive for a better build every time.

I'm sorry guys, I did not want this thread to become about me, I just wanted to show Paul's exceptional work & what could be done with the newest Moebius kit.

But I do thank you all very much for your kind comments!

I am humbled! -_-

Steve

Steve your work is outstanding. I always enjoy reading and looking at the pictures of your work in in-process..

Ditto. While there are certainly others here that do decent work, perhaps for reasons of personal taste, I find his models the most pleasing. If I can ever do so, I'd like mine to be as good.

Steve your work is outstanding. I always enjoy reading and looking at the pictures of your work in in-process..

Ditto. While there are certainly others here that do decent work, perhaps for reasons of personal taste, I find his models the most pleasing. If I can ever do so, I'd like mine to be as good.

Thank you guys.

Steve

Ouch . Sold for over $800. Thats pretty good money for a readily avail kit.

I watch his stuff from time to time . And the ones that usually bring top dollar are resin and/or conversion builds .

I saw one where he converted a Missing link 2 door LTD to a 4 door ( very well done btw )  It sold for over  $2200 .

He had a R+R Ford wagon a while back that went over $1500. Where as a 60 Ford Sunliner annual build he did, barely broke into the $300 range .

So imo its the oddball stuff that brings top dollar

And Steve, I firmly agree your builds are easily as nice. If I could afford it, I would offer crazy money for the 58 Sunliner you did last year. That car is the one that got me started looking for old annuals. ( gee thanks buddy )

Ouch . Sold for over $800. Thats pretty good money for a readily avail kit.

I watch his stuff from time to time . And the ones that usually bring top dollar are resin and/or conversion builds .

I saw one where he converted a Missing link 2 door LTD to a 4 door ( very well done btw )  It sold for over  $2200 .

He had a R+R Ford wagon a while back that went over $1500. Where as a 60 Ford Sunliner annual build he did, barely broke into the $300 range .

So imo its the oddball stuff that brings top dollar

And Steve, I firmly agree your builds are easily as nice. If I could afford it, I would offer crazy money for the 58 Sunliner you did last year. That car is the one that got me started looking for old annuals. ( gee thanks buddy )

Thanks Bill!

Sorry about starting an addiction for you, but it is nice to have company! :lol:

Steve

Thanks Guys!

hands down my favorite build on this board

I'll trade you the builtup I have for it ,,,in case you want to do another one

I don't think I really want to do another one Bill.

The interior tubs on these AMT '58s are horrible!

The Ford is especially bad!

The tub detail is almost non-existent.

I had to scratch build a little door trim just to make it look like something.......hence the up-top. ;)

The steering wheel & column were taken from the AMT '57.

Steve

photo DSCN3877_zpsqh1g7rjy.jpg photo DSCN3875_zpswrd9zetj.jpg

Just for esses and giggles, since we're showing off our '58 Fords, here's my hardtop so far:

25121885495_fc39163d23_c.jpg

24754211639_724ca193d7_c.jpg

Lost the focus on this one, but you can see the '57 engine compartment and the modified back seat (cut out the 'vert bolsters and widened it):

24826244330_3baf0dc6df_c.jpg

And this is sort of the look I'm going for:

24754270679_109df0fab9_c.jpg

Before the purists chime in, this was a combination of a passable convertible with a lot of stuff glued to it and a really hopeless hardtop - its roof was the only good panel left and even then three of the pillars were broken.

Edited by ChrisBcritter