Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mopar A864/A990 parts

Does anybody trustworthy cast the Race Hemi headers from the Johan '64 Petty Plymouth/ '70 Petty Superbird and the cross ram manifold from the Johan Recharged '64 Super Stock Dodge?

I figured I'd ask here before I buy some vintage kits on evilbay just for the parts I need.

I know Reliable Resin casts the intake but I won't do business there again. 

Thanks, Nate

I think the Hart's Parts Resin headers are the ones from the JoHan 64 Dodge kit, I've had great service from him.

The headers listed on his site are for the Wedge head 426 not the Hemi. I already have a set of them from him, also.

Have you checked your sources like Competition Resins or Speed City Resins? I would.

The Comp Resins cross ram is not the one from the Johan '64 ReCharged Dodge Super Stock kit. And Speed City has neither.

Nate

I have made an accurate cross ram for the wedge engines and cast them in resin. I put the correct frees plugs and bolts molded in IF is get time I will cast some and if you are interested, I will sell some although I am not in the business.

2015-11-05 08.23.22.jpg

2015-11-05 08.22.47.jpg

MOPAR WEDGE CROSS RAM.jpg

I have made an accurate cross ram for the wedge engines and cast them in resin. I put the correct frees plugs and bolts molded in IF is get time I will cast some and if you are interested, I will sell some although I am not in the business.

2015-11-05 08.23.22.jpg

2015-11-05 08.22.47.jpg

MOPAR WEDGE CROSS RAM.jpg

I would certainly be interested, I have a future project in mind that would be killer with a 426 Wedge Stage III.

Thanks, Nate

Please , where did you source the correct orange paint ?? This is the period correct shade for all HiPo Mopar Mills ?? Thanx ..

Hey John:

I did this engine a couple of years ago, but I think its a mix of Tamiya orange, they offer two shades and mixed them until I got it close. Hope that helps.