Model Cars Magazine Forum

A quick mock up. The kit windshield was in really poor shape, lots of scratches and a tire burn. I used a 4 grit polishing stick from a beauty supply  using the finest grit, I wet sanded the scratches out. Followed up by the non grit polish end. I then dipped the windshield in a tub of Future to hide and remaining polishing fog.

The center molding is a piece of Tamiya tape sprayed semi gloss black and stuck in place. I have never liked the way clear plastic looks just painted.

Now I need to do the side windows or make new ones.

Alex - I am sure your Astro will look fabulous, just dont rush anything and keep checking clearances by lots of mock ups.  I am hoping for the best luck on mine as I have not mounted the cab mounts yet to their new location. :rolleyes:

I really need to get this in high gear to see if the modifications I have done will work or fail.

Thank you for looking in and commenting. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys,

Due to an unexpected upcoming move I am disassembling my hobby room. I have lost my momentum on this truck and several others. I do not feel like packing these partial builds up to move. If anyone is interested in taking over this GMC project drop me a p/m.

Thank you for following :)

Sorry to hear you have to pack up your hobby area.  I've been there and done that.  Perhaps you will have an extra rubber maid tote that you can put this baby into until after you settle into your new place.  You put a lot into this build and others that you are working on so if you decide not to pack it I'm sure it will go to a good home.