Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Ford Taunus 17M P3. Air Trax/Tamiya/scratch.

Mr.Zombie

Wow. Can't say much that hasn't already been said. I'd like to hire you to give me weathering lessons. Every piece is perfect. Love the oil can on the hood and the cat underneath. The grass and weeds- did you make them out of something or purchase them? I don't even know these cars and started not to view this, but I'm so glad I did!! True art. Mastery. Perfection. Those things are what everyone on this board is after, and you absolutely annihilated all three in one fell swoop.

Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoy it.

I don't think the numberplate is "too new", they are out of aluminium, don't rust (the only thing that rusts are the screws they are attached with, and that creates streaks), and unless you drive in salt or mud they don't really get dirty...

This rusty Ford Taunus is a real Masterpiece! You have a good eye or the reality.

Everything is perfect, the one little detail that blows me away, is the hanging windowgasket on the passengerside.

I want to build a junkyard with racecars only. Man, i have so much to learn!!

BTW, this Ford was called in Germany `Ford Badewanne` witch means Bathtub. Funny isn´t it?

Edited by Michael F

I'm glad you like it friends.

Bruce, the kit is in 1:24. Actually a transit. Resin of best quality, only the proportions of the car are a fair bit off. Hence the tyres on the roof, to camouflage it at least a bit...

The car... Hmmm, yea, it's an odd one, here are pics of mine (4 door though)

21257903220_293757b97b_c.jpg

That is the level of weathering I aspire to! Thanks for sharing! 

Right on Man! Thanks, and that is the RIGHT attitude! Very cool!

Edited by Mr.Zombie