Model Cars Magazine Forum

KW T800 logger (12-3-16 update)

Yep, that's exactly the video I found.  Couple things I still don't understand though, I'll go back to Peerless and have another peek. 

What's a "walking beam".  Does this mean varying the length of the trailer to better fit the load carried?  Like the beam slides in and out further to adapt?

It's the suspension setup. Some of the trailer my conan uses on the dump truck division and a lot of the Cozad!s, Murrays, and other over size trailers use it. Some of the truck kits use this setup. It's made by Hendrickson and there's 2 setups. Extended leaf and rubber mount. 

With my experience pulling these trailers,when turning, the axles tend to "walk" and not track straight in line like a Reyco leaf spring or any air bag setup.

The Engine is the Cummins Signature from Auslowe and has been test fitted to the frame and mounts fabricated:

IMG_0235_zpsvjmblmey-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The front end assembly (including the radiator) is from Plaskit.

The steer axle is from the Transtar 4300 kit. The ends are drilled out and .040 rod used for kingpins. #001 O-rings are inserted to eliminate any slop:

IMG_0237_zpsastacs8a-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The rear suspensions are Neway purchased from Plaskit. Wheelbase still needs to be determined:

IMG_0251_zps7tyav9to-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0252_zps1sngfi4s-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Tesla

• 3 weeks later...