Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 1969 General Lee

MoparWoman Jamie

• 2 months later...

I got a lot done on this project, got the floor pan done, got the new rear frame rails done to, been working on the interior and the shell now. I been working on the rear window lip where the glass goes in at. I'm also in the process of making correct door panels, and correct sides for both the pass and driver side. I'm also working on the rear package tray too. Will post photos asap. Got a lot of them to go through before posting a few. 

• 1 month later...

Nice work!  

The kit's interior door panels are actually somewhat accurate.  I'm surprised you are doing extra work to make new ones.  Though they do look nice.

Thanks Man!

As for the kit's interior, some parts are somewhat accurate yes I agree, but I'm going for the full accurate impression myself. I do have more interior pieces made and doing over laps of panels with attach panel pieces as well. The upper rear panel pads are way to long. But don't get me wrong, I'm using the kit pieces for mock ups. I want to make the new door panel pieces out of rubber vinyl and apply it to the new door pieces with maybe the pocket mad pouch opening able.