Model Cars Magazine Forum

MAD MAX Fury Road Ploughboy

Dave Van

This stalled project is one of the 'newest' stalled project....started in early 2015. It stalled when some major family issues came up....and I got bogged down in details. 
The real car was a Holden wagon......needless to say not a lot of 1/25 Holden Wagons on the market. But I noted that the Holden looked much like a modified 56 Chevy....so I grabbed a Monogram 56 sedan and a 57 wagon.....both cheap and easy to find. 
Suspension was raised with Plastruct shapes, tires from the parts box. The 'plow' and it's rack are all scratchbuilt from plastic and brass....it moves up and down like the real one. Blower scoop is a oxygen tank cut down. Salt method was used for the flaked paint. All that's left is the harpoon cable.....need to string it after I find a good cable. Harpoon is scratchbuilt and moves. 
One more down.......thx

PLOUGH5.JPG

PLOUGH4.JPG

PLOUGH3.JPG

PLOUGH2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good. The weathering makes this pop.

The real car was a Holden wagon......needless to say not a lot of 1/25 Holden Wagons on the market. But I noted that the Holden looked much like a modified 56 Chevy....so I grabbed a Monogram 56 sedan and a 57 wagon.....both cheap and easy to find.

There is an EK Holden sedan on the market, but considering it's cost, you were better off with the Chevies. the EK is a bit smaller than the chev, but not enough to make a real difference (like the difference between 1/24 and 1/25 scales).