Model Cars Magazine Forum

You just never know.........

mustang1989

Thanks Dan, Tom and Dave. So far she's recovering well. I was just up there yesterday spending our 20th Wedding Anniversary with her and she walked about 8 ft forwards and 8 ft backwards. She also did some occupational therapy yesterday. Wore her out but she got through it ok. Thanks for all the support fellas.

Thanks Richard. She was released from ICU yesterday and was transported to a rehab center where she will continue her recovery. She's a bit shaken by some of the things that were revealed in therapy but she knows she's very fortunate to be doing as well as she is. With any luck she'll be back home fairly soon.

Thank you all for your support and concern. With each day she gets better and better. I just got through talking to her and she is having to accept a few things/ changes but I'm talking her through it by paralleling some of our experiences. Acceptance goes a long way towards recovery ...of any kind. She's listening. There have been times where she didn't but I think she is now.

Thank you all for your support and concern. With each day she gets better and better. I just got through talking to her and she is having to accept a few things/ changes but I'm talking her through it by paralleling some of our experiences. Acceptance goes a long way towards recovery ...of any kind. She's listening. There have been times where she didn't but I think she is now.

Joe...That is great to hear buddy!...It helps with recovery.  After my accident I had to learn quite a few things and new ways to do things again...tell her to be positive...any improvement is a good thing.  State of mind makes a lot of difference.

I'll do that Mark.:D

Joe...I have been through a lot myself...if I can do it she will in time you just have to help her get through the tough times and keep her feeling positive on her out look....the only things she cant do is what she thinks she cant attitude makes a lot of difference it helped me get to where I am right now. Once someone is injured and recovering they have to learn new ways to do many things...all just takes time buddy.

Thanks Mark. Well this weekend I went to visit her and she got a 4 hour pass from the hospital. We went to Walmart and then to Hobby Lobby. She works a lot with mosaic projects and never gives herself enough credit. She did absolutely amazing! She walked unassisted through the whole venture!!! She's down a lot because now she's the patient instead of the nurse but she's going to be ok I think. Her nurse today called her a "walking miracle" and that did some good for her to hear that I think. Her recovery so far has been nothing short of phenomenal.Looks like she may get released on Wednesday to come home to start another chapter in her recovery. :D

Edited by mustang1989

Wow, happy to hear she's doing that well all ready!  Mom has a friend who's adoptive mother had been a nurse and had a severe stroke almost 30 years ago that put her into a nursing home and it drove here nuts to be on the receiving end of being cared for, so what your wife is feeling isn't unusual as far as that goes.

Well the good word is that my wife is home with us now! :D She now starts the next chapter in her recovery as we set up her therapy here in Corpus and begin the doctor visits that will monitor her progress using routine CT scans to ensure everything is still ok. I'd like to thank everyone who has followed along with that progress and has offered their support and prayers for her well being and recovery. We're just taking it one day at a shot here and rolling with the punches but all is very well so far. She walks with no assistance and the casual onlooker wouldn't know she ever had anything happen save for an eye patch for the time being. She'll have double vision for a while but as I understand it that's par for the course and should get better over time.