Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Bel Air

Perspective Customs

What engine is that and which kit did it come out of? Just curious.

The engine is an LS1 from the AMT 2004 Pontiac GTO. 350 horsepower, 5.7 liter V8. I cut off the molded in serpentine belt and replaced it with black electrical tape to correct the routing and try to give it a more realistic look. The air cleaner is from a sprint car and PE scripts from Model Car Garage.

I'll most likely use the radiator, with some modifications, and brake cylinder from the same kit.

Thanks again for the compliments and thanks for watching.URL]

DSC09761.JPG

Edited by Perspective Customs

• 2 weeks later...

URL]Still working on it. Almost done with the interior. The body will be pink and white. The interior will be all white. I was going to do the dash in pink but decided to go with gloss white. I may have to revisit the clock. I used a red sharpie for the hands and covered it with Future which made the red sharpie run. Any suggestions on how do a wash on white seats? Gray maybe? Here's some test fit pictures and thanks for the compliments and interest. Let me know what you think of it so far. URL]

IMG_1442_zpswrvhmesf.jpg

IMG]
Edited by Perspective Customs

URL]Still working on it. Almost done with the interior. The body will be pink and white. The interior will be all white. I was going to do the dash in pink but decided to go with gloss white. I may have to revisit the clock. I used a red sharpie for the hands and covered it with Future which made the red sharpie run. Any suggestions on how do a wash on white seats? Gray maybe? Here's some test fit pictures and thanks for the compliments and interest. Let me know what you think of it so far. URL]

IMG_1442_zpswrvhmesf.jpg

IMG_1445_zps5aslnwmf.jpg

IMG_1444_zpslbumrrjk.jpg

IMG_1446_zps80wzvpbq.jpg

IMG_1447_zps5bhtkppw.jpg

IMG_1450_zpszehxngf7.jpg

IMG_1454_zpsdq8bhviv.jpg

IMG]

I think it looks OUTSTANDING! one of the nicest custom interriors I've ever seen!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...