Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Bel Air

Perspective Customs

• 1 month later...

That is looking fantastic! Love the custom work on the interior. Not overly done. Just perfect. Did you ever figure out a wash for the seats? I would think that a mix of white a d light grey would work. Just dark enough to bring out the lines. Your interior reminds me of a custom interior I was working on for.my 66 Nova. I used modified leather seats from a Dubs Suburban and made a full length center console. I like how you added the console top from the 50 Ford (iirc). 

I have questions about the suspension on the 4X4 in the background of your first pic. I am working on a lift suspension for the 99 Silverado and trying to get some ideas. Got any photos of it?

Later- 

Edited by Modlbldr

hmmm sweeet !! looks great

Thanks Richard.

Awesome interior work!!!  I really love it!!!  She's gonna be gorgeous when you're finished!!!????????

Thanks Greg.

That is looking fantastic! Love the custom work on the interior. Not overly done. Just perfect. Did you ever figure out a wash for the seats? I would think that a mix of white a d light grey would work. Just dark enough to bring out the lines. Your interior reminds me of a custom interior I was working on for.my 66 Nova. I used modified leather seats from a Dubs Suburban and made a full length center console. I like how you added the console top from the 50 Ford (iirc). 

I have questions about the suspension on the 4X4 in the background of your first pic. I am working on a lift suspension for the 99 Silverado and trying to get some ideas. Got any photos of it?

Later- 

I decided against the wash, I didn't want to mess up the paint and have to start over. I think the console came from the 56 Ford.

The 4X4 in the background is the Tahoe snap kit modified into the 2 door version. Since it's a snap kit I kind of cheated on the suspension. I posted some pics on the WIP here. I lifted the Revell H2 with a little more detail.

Glad you like.

Thanks!