Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Honda S2000

Toast

• 5 weeks later...

Been a busy couple of weeks here, I have gotten some done on the S2000, not too many picture worthy though. A few fun updates though.

I'm replicating the short throw shifter setup. one good thing about having left and right side driver interior parts. Cut open the shift boot on the Left side drive center console, then removed the shift boot from the right side drive piece and inserted it from underneath. Little dab of glue and it was as easy as that!

And the front ground effect kit I made is attached to the good body. Sure looks the part. A little tweaking left but I really like how it turned out.

More to come!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bout time for another progress report!

Finally got the suspension lowered. It wasn't too hard. basically all I did was modify the hubs so they sit a little higher when mounted. Kind of like drop spindles. No change in the suspension geometry.

S2000-2101-03-06-03.jpg

The Hobby Design set comes with slotted rotor faces that are spot on to the ones on the original car. I gave them a grey wash and then spun them against 600 grit sand paper to give them a used look.

S2000-2101-03-06-01.jpg

Starting to assemble the chassis. The real car resides in Minnesota, not a winter car, but has an underbody coating. So for the kit I just hit the underbody with satin black and then drybrushed it flat black.

S2000-2101-03-06-02.jpg