Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Chevy Biscayne - Chicago PD

tomsheehy

66 Chevy Biscayne, Chicago PD...this is a collaboration of sorts. The body was done by a friend of mine, Dave Neuman of the Chicago area. He actually converted the Revell 65 Impala convertible body into a 66 Biscayne 4 door...no resin here. He did this a few years ago, before Revell introduced the 66 Impala kit. I was lucky enough to obtain this from him a few months back with the body all done, but nothing else completed. I sourced a 66 Biscayne interior from Model Car World and converted it to a 4 door, then built the chassis. I used Replica & Miniatures of MD resin 6 cylinder engine, as per the real CPD squads. Paint is Ace Hardware safety blue enamel, interior was done with Dupli-color interior paint.  Since I'm getting close to filling my photo limit, I'll post a few here, along with the link to my build up and more under glass images, including some paired with my 67 Biscayne wagon that I built years ago.

http://public.fotki.com/tsheehy/scale_models/66-chevy-biscayne-c/

DSCF1549.JPG

DSCF1551.JPG

DSCF1556.JPG

Beautiful Squad build. I looked on your link and enjoyed the '67 wagon also. I didn't know that CPD used 6 cylinder cars. I'm sure it saved the city on operating expenses but if that had to chase a "Purp", say a "J" Walker or something they would be at a disadvantage.    

That's beautiful. I went to your site and you really have some nice photos. I really enjoyed them all but what stood out to me was the history of the Clarkstown police, Wow what great stuff and all of those Pontiacs and Chevys ,just awesome. I have to say that I really enjoyed seeing those pictures.   Thank you.

Jeff